6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: When is Droid Turbo 2 getting Marshmallow?

usually by now someone has the new update posted for people to download

Yep, figured I would have seen the two update files up for download somewhere by now but nothing!!!

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

So Verizon lied about the update today. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'm regretting my impulse purchase of my Nexus less and less now.

Posted via my up-to-date Nexus 6P

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone got the update?

No, not yet. And my question is, how buggy is it? It seems like every time I accept whatever the update is for previous phones (gingerbread, ice cream sandwich, jellybean, etc.), I regret it. Hope this round is different and perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

I especially love it when I do a update check and it says my device software is up to date... LOL.. Should say something like, yeah we know, we're 2 versions behind, but what the heck, we don't care... LOL

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

So Verizon lied about the update today.

Again - as I said earlier, when updates happen usually a very small percentage of users get the update day one. And a very small percentage of Turbo 2 owners post on this forum. Multiply two small percentages together and you get really small percentages. It's unsurprising nobody is reporting it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So Verizon lied about the update today. Somehow I'm not surprised. I'm regretting my impulse purchase of my Nexus less and less now.

Hm? I am not sure what you mean by this. This update is about the Droid Turbo 2 so why would they have any effect on your Nexus 6P?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Whatever happened to all those guys who would come charging in with "It's not late if they never promised a date!!!"?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Hm? I am not sure what you mean by this. This update is about the Droid Turbo 2 so why would they have any effect on your Nexus 6P?

I originally bought a Turbo 2, but all the Verizon BS got to my head and I impulsively bought myself a 6P (no regrets). I use that now as my daily driver while keeping the Turbo 2 as a backup phone, so naturally I'm still keeping track of its MM update.

Whatever happened to all those guys who would come charging in with "It's not late if they never promised a date!!!"?

I'm just going off of what Droid Life told us... if Verizon didn't say so officially then I take my statement back. Still, I've been keeping an eye out and absolutely nobody seems to have gotten it yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I originally bought a Turbo 2, but all the Verizon BS got to my head and I impulsively bought myself a 6P (no regrets). I use that now as my daily driver while keeping the Turbo 2 as a backup phone, so naturally I'm still keeping track of its MM update.

Ah okay -- makes sense! :).

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm just going off of what Droid Life told us... if Verizon didn't say so officially then I take my statement back. Still, I've been keeping an eye out and absolutely nobody seems to have gotten it yet.

How's battery life on the 6p? I remember you said it's not as good as the Turbo 2, but am curious what kinds of times you're getting.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Is this a conjecture (from the lack of ANYONE seeing it so far), or something more-or-less official from Verizon? The Verizon support pages still list it as "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016". For all that's worth.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Entitlement, it's so pervasive.

I don't have my update yet. I didn't purchase my phone for MM, so if I never get it I'm OK with it, because no one owes me anything unless specifically promised... And nothing ever was.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Entitlement, it's so pervasive.

I don't have my update yet. I didn't purchase my phone for MM, so if I never get it I'm OK with it, because no one owes me anything unless specifically promised... And nothing ever was.

They have promised us that the phone was updated to 6.0.1 on 3/1/2016, yet my phone is not on that update. My phone runs great and I love it, but I still want my marshmallow update, as they explicitly stated on their page that it was updated to this version of Android.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

They promised to begin the update rollout on 3/1/2016. They didn't say that everyone would have it immediately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908