6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: When is Droid Turbo 2 getting Marshmallow?

I think my Turbo 2 is a great phone with or without mm.

What bothers me the most is the utter disregard of both Motorola and Verizon for its customers and at least communicate what is going on.
What kind of effort would it take to simply issue a daily release of the progress, whatever it may be.
But that would actually preclude caring about their customers.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

What bothers me the most is the utter disregard of both Motorola and Verizon for its customers and at least communicate what is going on.
What kind of effort would it take to simply issue a daily release of the progress, whatever it may be.
But that would actually preclude caring about their customers.

There is one way for you to express your frustration - don't buy another Droid or Motorola phone. If you do, you are part of the problem.

That said: tell me any phone manufacturer or carrier who gives daily, weekly, or even monthly updates of the progress of development of their updates. That honestly sounds silly. Anybody who does this sort of work knows that it's impossible to give a hard and firm date, or even a percentage of how much has been done. You can't tell if the update is done until you test it, and if it fails a test, you have no idea if fixing that problem will either cause another or if there are other problems you will find.

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

That honestly sounds silly. Anybody who does this sort of work knows that it's impossible to give a hard and firm date, or even a percentage of how much has been done. You can't tell if the update is done until you test it, and if it fails a test, you have no idea if fixing that problem will either cause another or if there are other problems you will find.

Don't know if it sounds silly, if I treated my customers like this on my business, I couldn't even feed my dog.
I do understand the remainder of your post and I am not saying I expect a hard schedule and prediction, just some general information. Like, Yes, we posted the change log 2 days ago, however...
Anything would be appreciated.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow soak test

Verizon's update page lists the marshmallow update as 3/1/2016. Looks like there will be a 2 phase rollout. I believe the first rollout will be a security patch and then 6.0 to follow.

Where do you see the date in this page??

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

yeah.. i don't see a date posted.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Mod note: Merging the multiple Marshmallow threads.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Yep. 3/1/2016 in that link. Typo on Verizon's part. They meant to say 3/1/2017 most likely.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I've officially crossed over to the other side. My OG Moto X really taught me to not care when updates come. My Turbo 2 is running perfectly. I am not sure what features in MM could possibly make me feel anxious to update to a version that might be less perfect (with no fix date in sight).

You folks are all my soak group. When you all stop complaining, I'll update.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow soak test

yeah.. i don't see a date posted.

FWIW, on Monday (2/29) there was a date 3/1/2016. That must have been one of the changes to the page that they made on 3/1.

However, there was never a press release from Verizon that said that the phone was going to be updated starting Tuesday. People saw the date on that post and made assumptions...

The Verizon Turbo 2 page still lists the phone as having Lollipop. DROID TURBO 2 | Verizon Wireless

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Page was updated on 3/1.

Nowhere does it say that the start of roll-out is 3/1.

If they had put that page up by mistake again, I would think it would have been removed by now.

So why put the page up and leave it if they did not intend to roll out the update?

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

If they had put that page up by mistake again, I would think it would have been removed by now.

So why put the page up and leave it if they did not intend to roll out the update?

Because there was mention of a soak test starting for "said update", which means that people involved with that soak test have the update already. The Verizon page is not labeled as a "roll out date" page.