6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
"MM is not getting released today, the soak people just got it a few minutes ago, look for it maybe monday"

How do you know soak testers just received it?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not even any phone. Those of us who bought the Galaxy Nexus know that no matter what updates can be late and even Google can decide 18 months is long enough.

Simple hardware issue re: Galaxy Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

jcc39

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So I have two DT2's. One of them received Marshmallow last week on 2/27 to system version 24.14.10 and it got another update just now to 24.14.11. My other DT2 is still stuck on 5.1.1. I think they are rolling it out to random phones, there's no rhyme or reason why one of mine got it and not the other. Just be patient, we will all get it eventually.

Screenshot_2016-02-27-01-05-01.jpg

Boomerang503

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I just ended a chat with a verizon rep named Edgar, and he said that they found a glitch where not all devices are being added to the update queue for the notification. He gave me a 48hr ETA for getting that resolved and pushing the update out en masse. Let see if they get it right and not lie anymore than they already have in the past.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
One time I spoke with Verizon because I was having a SMS issue. They said they reported an outtage and they would respond to be within 48 hours when the problem was fixed.

I tried a factory reset of my phone right after I spoke with him. SMS issue was fixed.

8 months later they left me a voicemail telling me the problem had been resolved.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
if your referring to marshmellow, , I will say it again...its not being sent out yet. the soak people just got it today, maybe Monday they will send it out, but its not going out right now

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So I have two DT2's. One of them received Marshmallow last week on 2/27 to system version 24.14.10 and it got another update just now to 24.14.11. My other DT2 is still stuck on 5.1.1. I think they are rolling it out to random phones, there's no rhyme or reason why one of mine got it and not the other. Just be patient, we will all get it eventually.

View attachment 218640

Yeah I got my update on 2/26 and a new one today to 24.14.11.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
How are y'all liking it so far? Anything that is just super buggy?

The only "bug" I've experienced involves formatting the sd card as internal storage, and so far it's only been one app. If I power cycled the phone, I would have to reinstall Swiftkey because it couldn't find and load predictions. I haven't had any issues with other apps so far. Other than that, it runs great.

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The only "bug" I've experienced involves formatting the sd card as internal storage, and so far it's only been one app. If I power cycled the phone, I would have to reinstall Swiftkey because it couldn't find and load predictions. I haven't had any issues with other apps so far. Other than that, it runs great.

When you get a chance to play with it a bit, will you let us know if the update improved the power efficiency? While the T2 will last forever on standby, I find that when in use it drains faster than phones with much smaller batteries.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So is the doze feature hidden, working behind the scenes cuz I don't see it anywhere in the settings?

Anything in Settings > Apps > Battery Optimization or Settings > Battery > Battery Optimization?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So is the doze feature hidden, working behind the scenes cuz I don't see it anywhere in the settings?

Doze is fully automated. It kicks in when your accelerometer/gyroscope detects that the phone's been motionless for a while.

Posted via my up-to-date Nexus 6P

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there isn't a setting for doze. When your phone is idle, and I mean completely idle it'll kick in. I still haven't determined if the phone having a connected smartwatch prevents it from going into "doze mode" or not, even with the device itself lying untouched on the desk for long periods of time. I haven't seen Android Wear show up in the battery usage stats as using any significant amount of juice, and my bluetooth only uses 1% and never goes above that.