6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

May 25, 2015
Visit site
For those having charging issues I was having similar problems: phone would only charge wirelessly, any USB charging would have lighting bolt but when looking at battery stats would say "not charging".

My phone would only charge via the USB port if the phone was off.

I turned my "developer options" on and then cleared partition cache and then a hard restart; and then turned my developer options off.

Now my phone is back to charging normally (turbo changing, car charger, etc. all work).

There was obviously some type of software glitch on my phone since it charged properly when off.

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For those having charging issues I was having similar problems: phone would only charge wirelessly, any USB charging would have lighting bolt but when looking at battery stats would say "not charging".

My phone would only charge via the USB port if the phone was off.

I turned my "developer options" on and then cleared partition cache and then a hard restart; and then turned my developer options off.

Now my phone is back to charging normally (turbo changing, car charger, etc. all work).

There was obviously some type of software glitch on my phone since it charged properly when off.

Where do you find developer options?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Can I just suggest that maybe turning on developer options is unnecessary? I'd start with clearing the cache partition, doing that hard reset, and see if that changes anything.

Clear cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...108278/p/30,6720,9583/kw/wipe cache partition

Hard restart: With the phone running, press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. (It is the replacement on a Motorola device for pulling the battery out of a powered on phone with a removable battery, putting it back in, and restarting the phone.)

bbsuperfanks

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I would have to completely agree with jonstrong. I had tried checking for the OTA update numerous times, then i tried the upgrade assistant on once pc which didn't work. After reading your post today, 4-12-2016, i decided to try a different pc, which worked and upgraded the phone to 6.0. Thanks for the post.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would have to completely agree with jonstrong. I had tried checking for the OTA update numerous times, then i tried the upgrade assistant on once pc which didn't work. After reading your post today, 4-12-2016, i decided to try a different pc, which worked and upgraded the phone to 6.0. Thanks for the post.
Great to see this - glad it worked for you. I received an update to the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant today on my laptop. I thought maybe that would solve some of the incompatibility issues. But it still wouldn't recognize my DT2 plugged into the USB 2.0 port on my XPS-15 laptop. Again, though, VSUA recognizes my phone plugged into a different laptop.

So - we know they still have compatibility issues with some laptops. We also know, from your experience, that as of April 12, Marshmallow / 6.0 is still available from Verizon via the software upgrade assistant (VSUA).

I see no reason to believe that Verizon has officially pulled the update, as it's still available, though painfully, from them. I doubt they would leave it on servers accessible via VSUA if they had pulled it.

For whatever reason, Verizon seems to be struggling with distribution of the update, whether OTA or via VSUA. I think that's the real issue right now.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So, those of you who are getting the update thru vsua, things are working ok? . . probably my own paranoia but I've been hesitant because I was under the impression that the reason it's not going ota is that something is wrong, so that by forcing the update thru vsua I'd be basically shooting myself in the foot . . but that's not the case?

Posted via the Android Central App

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, those of you who are getting the update thru vsua, things are working ok? . . probably my own paranoia but I've been hesitant because I was under the impression that the reason it's not going ota is that something is wrong, so that by forcing the update thru vsua I'd be basically shooting myself in the foot . . but that's not the case?

It's been rock solid for the three DT2's in our house (mine, my wife's and my daughter's). Seems to have ironed out the few issues I was having before with lollipop. Been a few weeks now, and sink three phones - heavily used - are working beautifully. BTW: two were updated OTA, and one via VSUA.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried using the vsua tool and it doesn't "see" my phone? Followed all instructions carefully . . .

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried using the vsua tool and it doesn't "see" my phone? Followed all instructions carefully . . .

Come on guys...be more resourceful! Everyone here loves to help people, but we can't wipe your **** for you! 😀

Use a different cable, use a different USB port on your PC, use a different PC..use a different PC with a different OS...use a Mac...

Just saying..

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow . . thanks . . . I'm not a newbie you know . . . you have no idea what I've tried or didn't try . . in the time it took you to type that you could have typed something useful . . just sayin'

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
For those who have not received the MM update OTA I would not be in a rush to get it. The changes seem to be changes for change sake only (no great benifit). In fact it feels like we have lost options (or moved around and harder to access) than we have gained. If I could I would go back in a heart beat.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Come on guys...be more resourceful! Everyone here loves to help people, but we can't wipe your **** for you! 😀

Use a different cable, use a different USB port on your PC, use a different PC..use a different PC with a different OS...use a Mac...

Just saying..

Never mind, deleted post, don't feed the trolls . . . you responded decently to others, wth did I do to you?

And just fyi I've probably updated dozens of BlackBerry devices with Sachesi and made my own autoloaders, can you do that? Well, maybe you can, but I just happen to not be familiar with the vsua, so pardon me for ruining your day with my question . . .

Last edited:

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
For those who have not received the MM update OTA I would not be in a rush to get it. The changes seem to be changes for change sake only (no great benifit). In fact it feels like we have lost options (or moved around and harder to access) than we have gained. If I could I would go back in a heart beat.

Now there's a helpful response, thank you!

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Has the OTA been pulled???

Folks shouldn't have to connect their phones to a computer to upgrade. I don't blame the folks having trouble with upgrade assistant one bit! Verizon is a global tech firm with enough resources that folks who paid $$$$ for their flagship device shouldn't have to deal with such nonsense!

Rockindaddy

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Can I just suggest that maybe turning on developer options is unnecessary? I'd start with clearing the cache partition, doing that hard reset, and see if that changes anything.

Clear cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...108278/p/30,6720,9583/kw/wipe cache partition

Hard restart: With the phone running, press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. (It is the replacement on a Motorola device for pulling the battery out of a powered on phone with a removable battery, putting it back in, and restarting the phone.)

Tried this and no luck. No change, car charger is useless. So my solution was to buy another wall charger and keep it here at my office. Not as convenient as the car charger but it'll have to do. Everything worked great before the update.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Tried this and no luck. No change, car charger is useless. So my solution was to buy another wall charger and keep it here at my office. Not as convenient as the car charger but it'll have to do. Everything worked great before the update.

I don't remember if I asked you this already, and if so, if you answered. But - as with a home charger, this phone does best when using true QualComm Quick Charge 2.0, and when the charger can provide 25 watts on demand. Verizon sells these as aftermarket chargers, and both the home wall charger and car charger do the job beautifully with the Droid Turbo 2 (earlier with Lollipop, and now, just as well, with Marshmallow). The car charger in question is:

Verizon Vehicle Charger with Fast Charge Technology for micro USB - Verizon Wireless

Note: Standard output is 5V/2.85A (14 watts) and fast charge output is 9V/2.85A (25 watts) / 12V/2.15A (25 watts). Any charger with lesser specs will not charge the phone as quickly or effectively. As noted earlier in this and other threads: I've got three DT2's -- and I've got both a Verizon QC 2.0 wall charger as backup to the original from Motorola, and a Verizon QC 2.0 car charger for each. All three phones have been updated to Marshmallow (2 via OTA and one via VSUA), all three are working perfectly, and all three are very happy with both the wall and car chargers. If you don't have a true Qualcomm certified QC 2.0 charger that can output 25w (most 3rd party chargers are limited to 18w), I urge you to check these out at Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar