05-04-2016 01:20 PM
462 123 ...
tools
    I have been Googling for months now waiting for the update to 6.0 and it's driving me crazy having to wait so ridiculously long. Anyone seen or heard anything about when the Marshmallow update is coming?

Have even chatted with Motorola and Verizon chat reps online and they were predictably unhelpful.
    02-09-2016 05:38 PM
    They will never tell when it is coming until it is coming. It's truly a waste of time to try to find out, and you'll never get a real answer from chat reps - one, they don't know, so, two, anything they tell you is a lie.

It will come when it is ready and Verizon is ready to have it pushed. You'll probably know it's close when you start seeing news reports of a soak test for new Turbo 2 software (though it could always be something else, like a minor update to add WiFi calling.) The invitations for soak tests usually come about a week before the soak test, and soak tests last anywhere from a day or two to a week. Sometimes the soak test fails and they have to pull the update.
    02-09-2016 06:20 PM
    I hope that it does not take as long as it did for the Turbo 1 to get Lollipop, which was July 2015. If so, we have a long wait ahead. If you want in on future Soak tests, join the Motorola Feedback Network (MFN.) Here's a link to register your T1, and sign up for the Network.
    https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775
    Josh Crosby likes this.
    02-09-2016 07:25 PM
    I have been Googling for months now waiting for the update to 6.0 and it's driving me crazy having to wait so ridiculously long. Anyone seen or heard anything about when the Marshmallow update is coming?

Have even chatted with Motorola and Verizon chat reps online and they were predictably unhelpful.
    Exactly what features are you waiting on?

I'm always fascinated with the frustration and hand wringing that precedes software updates.

It is always the same progression:

"WHERE IS THE UPDATE?!?! WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!?!"
    "My step brother has a Nexus from 2012 and he got it already. Where is mine?"
    "SOAK TEST!! Let me start obsessively hitting the software update button"
    "No update in Montgomery, AL"
    "Downloading NOW! Should I do a hard reset?"
    "Updated. (Screen shot) I don't see much difference"
    "BUGS!!! Why did they release it before it was ready? Should I hard reset?"
    "Hard Reset! How can I get my contacts back?"
    "How can I go back to previous version. It ran sooooo much better!"
    "They just released a new version!!! They should call it "Oreo"...
    "WHERE IS THE UPDATE?!?! WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!?!"

T
    02-10-2016 03:38 PM
    I can't speak for OP, but I love having more granular permissions for apps on my Nexus 7 (and my older phones that ran Cyanogenmod), so getting that for the DT2 would be sweet.
    02-11-2016 09:34 AM
    I used to get the latest tester updates of the OS from Motorola with their tester program.
    I've not signed on with this phone yet prob won't as the others didn't do much when I had my razr maxx anyway.
    02-11-2016 08:28 PM
    Droid Life says it's here.
    Robert Beier likes this.
    02-12-2016 03:11 PM
    Annnnnnnd then it got pulled....... Sounds like Verizon posted the page then pulled it. This is promising and I'm guessing we'll get it at anytime.
    Robert Beier likes this.
    02-12-2016 03:41 PM
    Well damn. What a tease!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2016 07:00 PM
    Doze is the biggest one. Have been really disappointed with the battery life on the DT2, and having used a phone with Doze before, can say it made a huge difference. App permissions is another big one as well as the general nice improvements on sharing and a few other workflows.
    02-13-2016 04:04 PM
    I just read on news360 that marshmellow is rolling out now to turbo 2 and other phones
    02-13-2016 10:21 PM
    02-14-2016 12:08 AM
    Nothing yet
    02-14-2016 05:56 AM
    Those of you who get Marshmallow how many GB's does it use to update & install? Also why does every app require the phone to not sleep?

Posted via Android Central App
    02-14-2016 07:34 AM
    That article was written before the update page on Verizon got pulled. Would not be surprised to see it pushed out tomorrow, however.

02-14-2016 11:57 AM
    Not a Marshmallow expert but the Doze feature wants to shut everything down to save battery. You select what you don't want shut down. Think you only have to do it once.
    02-14-2016 11:58 AM
    Not a Marshmallow expert but the Doze feature wants to shut everything down to save battery. You select what you don't want shut down. Think you only have to do it once.
    You think this is similar to hitting the Force Stop button?
    02-14-2016 07:35 PM
    Anyone curious can look at a cached version of the Verizon update page:

DROID TURBO 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless
    02-15-2016 11:43 AM
    You think this is similar to hitting the Force Stop button?
    It is definitely not. Doze is a low power mode that does not close apps but suspends them while allowing high priority apps to still alert you (sms messages, phone calls, etc.) The phone will have to be truly idle, though; carrying in your pocket (or a belt case or similar) will not allow the phone to be idle enough to go into doze.

See Inside Marshmallow: What is Doze, how do I use it and what does it do? | Android Central
    02-15-2016 12:40 PM
    I also think that if you have a smart watch connected to it through Android Wear, it won't go into Doze mode. Again, I'm not sure about that, so I may be wrong.

02-15-2016 04:02 PM
    That is my biggest complaint. It takes way to long to roll out updates! At least Apple knows how to roll out updates. I have an apple phone also./
    02-16-2016 03:46 PM
    That is my biggest complaint. It takes way to long to roll out updates! At least Apple knows how to roll out updates. I have an apple phone also./
    What is it about Marshmallow that you are dying to have? What features are you missing out on with Lollipop?
    02-16-2016 03:53 PM
    What is it about Marshmallow that you are dying to have? What features are you missing out on with Lollipop?
    I like to have the latest updates and the roll out takes too long.
    02-16-2016 03:59 PM
    I would blame your carrier (Verizon) since they hold the updates up. If you want quick updates grab a Nexus device. I use the 6P and get my updates right from Google (no waiting on a carrier).
    02-16-2016 06:47 PM
    I like to have the latest updates and the roll out takes too long.
    Good thing with the way Verizon waits before releasing updates is you avoid many of the bugs that come with first release. Be patient.

02-16-2016 10:25 PM
462 123 ...