Anyone else have this issue! I prefer to stay in battery saving mode and chose when to use high accuracy. Very frustrating! Thanks for any help.
    02-10-2016 10:26 AM
    Is it staying on? If you use Google Now Location services it can usually select High Accuracy mode on its own (and yes, you agreed to it when you signed up, it's right there on the Terms most of us don't read hehe) BUT if this is the case, the mode you selected before should stay there after Google is done polling for your location.

I would check if you have any other location-based apps that might be forcing the High Accuracy mode...again, maybe it was in the permissions before installing and you just didn't notice?

Best way to debug this would be to boot your phone into Safe Mode (keeping 3rd party apps from loading at boot) and see if 'stock' apps turn it on. Problem with this particular issue is that for it to happen you may have to wait a while and using your phone solely in Safe Mode without opening 3rd party apps is, well, not ideal for someone who actually uses his phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2016 11:18 AM
    Anyone else have this issue! I prefer to stay in battery saving mode...
    Just curious - why? Is high accuracy mode doing something bad to the phone?
    02-10-2016 03:28 PM
    No, it just turns Wifi on for a short time to assist the GPS receiver. (Neither GPS nor Wifi [in that mode - it only receives] consume much power.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2016 04:11 PM
    Just curious - why? Is high accuracy mode doing something bad to the phone?
    Eating battery!
    02-13-2016 02:02 PM
    This day and age unless an app is specifically using the GPS, it's not really turned on like the days of yore. Also, battery consumption from GPS radios are vastly improved now.

I see negligible differences in my battery life on my tablet if I set location services to High Acuracy VS Low now, unless I'm using Maps constantly.
    Laura Knotek and doogald like this.
    02-16-2016 12:30 PM
    I leave my phone on high location. When I have turned it off the effect on the battery is minimal

Posted via the Android Central App
    SpookDroid and doogald like this.
    02-17-2016 12:54 PM