I have had my Droid for 6 months. Battery has been great. Two days ago my battery started going quickly. In settings under battery it shows my native email using 32% battery everything else is using 2-3% The email is my work email using exchange. Don't want to disable because I need to get work email. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Milcacious likes this.
    02-19-2016 07:56 PM
    Having same issue myself too. Looking for an easy solution.
    02-19-2016 08:00 PM
    I have had my Droid for 6 months. Battery has been great. Two days ago my battery started going quickly. In settings under battery it shows my native email using 32% battery everything else is using 2-3% The email is my work email using exchange. Don't want to disable because I need to get work email. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Assuming your company is using Exchange Server (?) you might want to check with the admins to see if anything is up with the server that could be triggering more syncing. Also - try clearing cache for the mail app.

I don't use the native app - I prefer Nine - superb mail client for Exchange email.
    Crashdamage and beeare like this.
    02-19-2016 08:02 PM
    Assuming your company is using Exchange Server (?) you might want to check with the admins to see if anything is up with the server that could be triggering more syncing. Also - try clearing cache for the mail app.

I don't use the native app - I prefer Nine - superb mail client for Exchange email.
    In general I find exchange emails hit these Droids pretty hard. Nine is the best application for exchange by far in my opinion as well!
    Crashdamage likes this.
    02-20-2016 11:41 PM
    In general I find exchange emails hit these Droids pretty hard. Nine is the best application for exchange by far in my opinion as well!
    +1. I think that anybody who uses Exchange mail on Android for anything serious should look into Nine if they are even 1% unhappy with the way that stock mail apps work. It's $10, but I'd say that if email is even somewhat important, it will be more than worth it to spend the money.
    Crashdamage, beeare and jonstrong like this.
    02-22-2016 10:02 AM