I wanted to find out if the Droid Turbo 2 has USB OTG capabilities. I tried connecting my OTG smart card reader as well as an OTG cable & USB flash drive and neither of them worked. The file manager I had to download would not recognize it. Is there anyway to get the Droid Turbo 2 to recognize my OTG. I need to be able to read my MicroSD cards without having to switch out cards every time which is a huge pain in the a*s*s on these phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2016 10:04 PM
    According to this video your phone does support OTG. He's using a particular file manager. You might try it.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-25-2016 10:12 PM
    I'm using USB OTG with no issues. Plugged it in and it popped right up. Don't think I ever had to do anything to get it working.

02-25-2016 10:16 PM
    I was looking in the phone settings and under storage I found at the bottom a thing that says mount USB OTG storage but it wont let me mount my OTG card reader. Like it doesn't recognize it. I will look at the video but other than that I dont know what to do about it.

02-25-2016 10:34 PM
    So after viewing the video, it said the same things I already know. Use a file manager app and connect via the OTG mount in the storage section of settings. However my phone wont recognize my OTG card reader. I used to use this in my old Samsung Galaxy S4 with no issues. I would pop it in then the my files would pop up showing me the files on the card. This Droid doesn't do that. Im getting pretty frustrated with the Droid Turbo 2. It lacks all the great features that the Galaxy has. Im going back to the Galaxy. This phone is crap!

02-25-2016 10:41 PM
    Don't know why you're having problems, but have you tried installing the SD card into the phone and having the phone format the card before using it in the reader? I know I shouldn't have to say it, but back up any data on that card before the phone formats it.
    02-25-2016 10:52 PM
    I shouldn't have to do any of that at all. I never had to do that on my Galaxy S4. Like I said I would just plug it in and it my files would come up with the files on it. But it seems like the USB port doesnt work other than charging it.

02-25-2016 11:58 PM
    Well, I'm only trying to give you suggestions. Whether or not you try it, is up to you. I sometimes have problems with some of my OTG cables vs others... I own 5 cables. Some cables have longer USB connectors so how they fit or make connection may be the cause. Also, my OTG SD reader sometimes gets detected then drops connection and I have to remove and reinsert it into the USB port... this also happens with my cables too. And, all of what I said applies to both my Note 4 and Note 10.1 2014 tablet.
    Robert Beier likes this.
    02-26-2016 12:44 AM
    I was looking in the phone settings and under storage I found at the bottom a thing that says mount USB OTG storage but it wont let me mount my OTG card reader. Like it doesn't recognize it. I will look at the video but other than that I dont know what to do about it.
    I suspect that the issue is more with your OTG reader.

Im getting pretty frustrated with the Droid Turbo 2. It lacks all the great features that the Galaxy has. Im going back to the Galaxy.
    Based on your other post about alarms and ringtones, that sounds like a smart idea. There is no one phone that's right for everyone, but it sure sounds like you're better off with the added features of Touchwiz over the generic Android build on the T2.
    Robert Beier and jonstrong like this.
    02-26-2016 10:48 AM