Seeking comments from those who upgraded from the turbo to the T2

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The title pretty much says it all, I made a similar post in the turbo forum, having trouble deciding based on what I can discern in a store setting, looking for real world impressions from those who use it. Thanks!

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'll list it as pros and cons-

Pros for me - The screen is brighter and there is less of a yellow tint, peace of mind knowing that the screen won't shatter if I drop it (I did shatter my turbo 1), preference for on screen buttons, much improved camera, expandable storage, flash for front facing camera, moto maker options available.

Cons for me- I prefer the Turbo 1 design a bit more in terms of size/grip, battery seemed better on the Turbo 1 while in use (though the Turbo 2 seems to drain less while idle).

About all I can think of for now.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
For me the shatterproof screen and expandable memory were the two big draws to upgrade from the T1. Otherwise, they seem to be comparable in most aspects. The battery may be a bit worse, but my phones sit on a charging cradle overnight and on my desk at work most of the day. I very rarely see it drop below 80%. I was concerned when I read reviews that stated that the materials used to make the display shatterproof resulted in a dimmer or "Dingier" image. I have not found this to be the case at all. I find the display bright and crisp. Holding various phones side by side with the T2, I would say the display is just as nice as any phone out there. Sure, the latest galaxy phones, the V10, and possibly the iPhone 6plus may have a little edge here, but by no means is it a blow out.

If you are basing it strictly on user experience, I'd say stay with the T1. Your day to day experience will most likely be exactly the same. If the peace of mind of having an almost indestructible screen and the added benefit of expandable memory are worth the expense, go ahead and upgrade.

Tony

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
There's not night and day difference. I like the memory card option, which when we get mm, gives an option for expanded internal storage. The screen is a bit larger. Almost a two-handed phone now. I don't believe that the screen is quite as sharp as the T1. But it's very nice. It's been a very solid phone for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs