Droid Turbo 2 vs GS7

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
How important is a crack resistant screen to you? Plus you can customize the T2 to your liking, cosmetically speaking.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Turbo 2 is pretty big if you're used to an M8. The S7 is probably a better size. Samsung seems to provide more timely Android and security updates to their phones, particularly as they get older, if that is important to you.

Personally, I hate the idea of a glass back phone. It's bad enough that the screens are glass - now you're doubling the chance of shattering something if you drop the phone.

The S7 is 32 GB only. Yes, you can get an SD card for photo and other media storage, but I prefer that my phone can store 64 GB myself.

Go to a Verizon store and try handling both. That's probably the best idea, to get an idea of the size and the display quality.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
How much do you value a shatterproof display and a close to stock Android experience? If a lot, then go for the Turbo 2. If not, then you'd be better off with the S7. The S7 has more features and will probably get updates just about as slowly as the Turbo 2. Plus, the shatterproof screen scratches easily and the Turbo 2 is a big phone.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Just my personal experience, but I haven't found the shattershield to scratch particularly easily. I've had mine since mid November and have only one barely noticeable scratch near the check mark. Never put a protector or case on it and keep it in my jeans pocket or on the desk/table when not in use. I do take care not to put anything other than my phone in my pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000