01-31-2017 02:51 PM
88 1234
tools
    Anyone seeing heavy battery drain from Whatsapp?
    Whatsapp always hits my battery pretty hard when I'm actively using it. I tend to use it a lot. I've had MM since February 26th and have not noticed any issues.
    03-10-2016 05:35 PM
    Definitely a lot worse after the update. Email app keep awake at 5 hours 30 minutes, used 1105 mAh - been off of charger for 14 hours. I do get 200+ emails a day, but was typically around the 75-80% range at worst after a typical day.

Also noticed that it burns through battery like crazy when using it in general, not just standby. CNN app for 5-7 minutes pulls 5-7% of my battery.
    03-10-2016 08:59 PM
    I ran the software repair assistant on my wife's phone tonight to see if it helps with the terrible awake time and battery drain from the mobile radio. I'll give it a few days to settle in and report back.
    03-10-2016 09:04 PM
    About the same, maybe a little better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2016 09:09 PM
    wifi has become one of the biggest battery eaters for me.
    Took the phone off the charger at 8 and now, wifi has used 3% of it already.
    Is that normal?
    03-11-2016 10:52 AM
    Yeah I'm seeing battery drain issues as well. Haven't figured out what it is yet
    03-11-2016 01:49 PM
    I had huge wifi drains, even when wifi was turned off. cpu time would stay the same, but the battery mah use would continue to go up. I finally did a FDR, and it no longer shows up on the list. But what a PITA!
    03-11-2016 02:26 PM
    About the same no real difference but it was not bad before the update one thing I do notice it seems to wireless charge Quicker then before.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 06:23 PM
    Not good approx 13 hrs and WiFi still always on even though I have it selected off!
    03-11-2016 07:03 PM
    I really hardly notice a difference with anything at all on the phone since the update except for the progressive lag that I was getting is improved. Battery seems about the same. If I didn't know I did the update I'd hardly know anything was different on the phone.
    03-13-2016 06:08 AM
    My battery life has taken a big hit after updating to Marshmallow, Looks like Bluetooth typically eats up about 20% of my battery or more. Even though I use BT quite a bit to stream music in the car, it definitely didn't use that much battery before the update. I'll try disabling BT for now to see how much it helps.But, I'm afraid I'll have to go the FDR route. Had similar battery drain problems when I updated my 2nd gen Moto X... tried several options, but the FDR was the only thing that fixed it as well.
    04-02-2016 09:02 AM
    After switching back to my Turbo 2 for a temporary change of pace from my primary daily driver (Nexus 6p), it was my first time using it on marshmallow. Battery life was disappointing to say the least: 2 hours SOT over 14 hours total. It ran pretty hot as well. This is with normal usage that's netted me 5+ hours SOT before the update. I'm switching back to the 6p after just one day, but next time I decide to switch it up I'll perform a factory reset beforehand and see if that fixes things.

Posted via my Perfect-Except-for-Verizon-and-Lenovo Droid Turbo 2
    04-02-2016 11:18 AM
    Battery use is WAYYY worse. Like others here, my Wifi and cell signal are on CONSTANTLY. I'm getting fed up with this phone.
    05-08-2016 08:05 PM
    I haven't noticed a problem with the battery - until today. All of a sudden battery life has gone into the toilet. Like others here I'm seeing a large hit from WiFi and Bluetooth. It's weird that I haven't noticed it before today. I don't know what's changed (other than the MM update of course) but its definitely bad.
    05-10-2016 08:43 PM
    The Marshmellow update is definitely causing many phones to turn on wireless transmitters, and leaving them on. For me it's cell signal and WiFi. If I used Bluetooth I would not be surprised if that was on for me too. What's odd is that there does not appear to be any particular app that's using any of these wireless links. I don't see unusual data usage. I just see the antennas turned on, transmitting who knows what to who knows where.

Turn ON airplane mode and monitor the phone for an hour or so; you should see battery usage go back to normal. Airplane mode shuts down all wireless... Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, Cell Signal, etc. Turn airplane mode OFF and the antennas turn back on. WHY??
    05-10-2016 09:00 PM
    As far as defining "bad"... my battery will barely make it through ONE DAY when I was hardly using it.

Before the MM update I'd get FOUR DAYS on a charge when I wasn't hardly using the phone.
    05-10-2016 09:02 PM
    My battery life began dwindling when Verizon enabled the 5G wi-fi connection on my router at home. When I told the phone to forget the 5G connection and go back to the old wi-fi connection, the battery life improved greatly.

I had been putting the phone on the charger at night with about 50% battery remaining. Last night, after telling the phone to forget the 5G connection on Monday, the phone had 80% battery life left.
    05-11-2016 07:54 AM
    With my Verizon Note 5 it's only gotten better
    05-11-2016 08:04 AM
    It's most definitely not Bluetooth and most definitely wireless.
    I turned off wireless a few days ago and forgot to turn it on, and have been wondering how my phone started getting amazing battery life.

I have been playing music through my Bluetooth connector for about 3 hours this morning. Off charger for 6 hours, battery at 86%.
    I never connect to WiFi at work, but for some reason, if I have WiFi on in the afternoon, I see a huge hit.
    05-11-2016 12:37 PM
    This is so odd. Now screen usage is being reported as the biggest battery drain... and I believe it because the front of the phone stays warm. What makes this odd is that the screen is off. Blank. Dark. No light. How can the screen drain the battery when it is not displaying anything?

I tried to get to the bottom of this, but to no avail. I tried un-installing as many apps as I could and get the phone down to a bare bones installation. I tried removing as many app permissions as I could. The phone was still draining a 100% charge in less than one day with absolutely no user input. There's not much more I can try in lieu of learning some developer skills and I'm just not up to sink the time into that.
    05-12-2016 02:23 PM
    HOWEVER... I found a procedure that's working for me. My phone is behaving, at least for the moment, and battery usage seems to be normal again. This is what I did.

Backing up for a quick minute. When the initial 6.0 update was installed, I went through the installation prompts and chose a custom set of selections of how I wanted the phone configured. For example, I opted out of all data collection and other little things like that. Also, when prompted, I signed into my Google account at the installation prompt. After the installation was complete, I immediately went into deleting all of the bloatware and installing the apps I like instead of the default apps. For example I prefer a different calendar and a different photo viewer than default. Doing the update in this manner, somehow, facilitated the terrible battery drain on my phone.

I decided to try to do a factory reset using the Settings menu (not the side buttons) and allow the installation to proceed using all of the default selections and NOT signing into my Google account. Further, after the installation was complete I did NOT delete bloatware or install any new apps... and guess what???? My battery drain is back to normal! I'm going to run through at least one full charge and then go about configuring and customizing the phone the way I want it and see if battery use stays normal. Maybe I'll only do a few changes at a time to see if I can catch the alteration that is causing the problem.

When my battery was draining fast, the phone stayed warm to the touch; both front and back. Now when I pick up the phone it's ice cold. What's weird is that my Wifi and cell radios are STILL constantly active, but now there is no unusual battery drain. I don't get that, and I don't really care, I just want my 5 or 6 days on a single charge and I'm back to LOVING this phone
    Pollster likes this.
    05-12-2016 02:41 PM
    I have been having so many problems with the new update of my android 6.0. My battery life isn't even lasting 1 day with no use. It used to last me 3 days straight. Another problem is my notifications will not show on my screen however my phone gives vibrates to tell me I have a notification. I have also had problems with my home button. I have a Motorola and there for the button is on the screen it is not separate. In order to get to my home screen I need to clear my history. Another problem is that I cannot drag my settings down from the top of my phone this is really annoying as I can not access the torch. My phone also does random resets and deleted most of my photos from gallery.
    Android needs to fix this problem urgently otherwise I will be buying a Samsung or even iPhone.
    05-16-2016 10:03 AM
    Ditto on buying another brand phone... and going to a different network too. My battery is back to misbehaving and I'm nearly fed up with it. I can't tell if the problem is with Motorola or Verizon though.

I leave for work in the morning with 100% charge. My phone stays in my pocket doing absolutely nothing. Eight hours later I'm down to 10%. Ridiculous.
    05-16-2016 05:58 PM
    I'd recommend installing Greenify and turning on aggressive doze (no root needed!). This puts your phone into doze when it's on standby within minutes instead of an hour. That helps battery life immensely as well.
    05-17-2016 09:35 AM
    Marshmellow supposedly does what Greenify does; why duplicate the effort.

(mod note : keep it civil)
    05-17-2016 09:55 AM
88 1234