01-31-2017 02:51 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    I love my DT2. 3 to 4 days on a charge. Mmmmmmm.
    10-23-2016 07:35 PM
    Very interesting. When Moto said they'd replace my phone, my first thought was that I might get a replacement phone that had the same problem. I asked the support person if I was guaranteed to get a known good sample in good working order, and, of course, he replied affirmatively... but the truth of the matter may be that Moto has no idea what is causing the issue. Only the technical team within the walls of Moto knows for sure.

Also when the support person told me that I'd have a new phone in two days, I should have known that was too good to be true. In my case, I was sent an email message with a link to the DT2 ordering website where I had to build and purchase a phone; there was a $624 credit and the shopping cart showed $0 due.

Going through the process of ordering a new phone basically puts you in the que of everybody else who is ordering the phone... and presently these are backlogged and I won't have it until Jun 11. On the bright side, maybe this assures me that I'm not getting a re-furbished phone, and also I was able to choose and try out a new color scheme and back cover.
    I'm on my 2nd droid turbo2 due to charging issues and the replacement is starting to not charge correctly.

I get the feeling that after several turbo charges something gets fried and once the glitch starts, it only gets worse and worse.

Motorola knows about the problem, because Verizon has noted the issue and will replace it if you have insurance. But Motorola hasn't released anything publicly, so I won't be buying from them ever again
    12-11-2016 10:44 AM
    I'm on my 2nd droid turbo2 due to charging issues and the replacement is starting to not charge correctly.

I get the feeling that after several turbo charges something gets fried and once the glitch starts, it only gets worse and worse.

Motorola knows about the problem, because Verizon has noted the issue and will replace it if you have insurance. But Motorola hasn't released anything publicly, so I won't be buying from them ever again
    I hear ya, Joby. This was a frustrating thing to go through once, I can imagine your frustration twice. Sorry to hear that. Motorola is undoubtedly aware of the *issue*, but it sounds like they're not aware of a *solution*.

Phones today can be argued to be one of the most complex and difficult engineered products on the market. Look at even Samsung having problems correcting their battery problem a few months ago. We demand powerful battery-hungry features in small portable packages, and it's just not easy to combine the two. Further, with so much competition out there, engineering teams are forced to design products on the bleeding edge... what are called "zero-margin" designs that have little tolerance or forgiveness for out of bounds operation.

This is what may be happening with the DT2. The majority of the phones are operating fine... but a few have the misfortune of coming down the line with silicon or PCB skewed to the edge of manufacturing tolerances causing an intermittent, and hard to diagnose, glitch.

My point is that you're never guaranteed to have a trouble-free experience no matter who you buy from. So, I say, shop and buy what you like just try to make sure the company has a good customer service reputation. I think Motorola is trying to take care of us.
    12-11-2016 06:25 PM
    I have a week left to return my Droid Turbo 2 to Ebay. I read some reviews before I bought and it said it really good battery life. The 2 main reasons I bought it were for battery and the screen. I received it, went through the setup and noticed it was on Marshmallow and the battery is horrible without any applications installed just using 4G. I did a couple FDR's and not changes. I went through and turned of all vibrations, notifications, nothing syncing, location is off, screen is set to low. I installed greenify and setup the aggressive Doze. I took my phone off the charger at 5:30 this morning and while on wireless browsing for a minute it dropped 1%. It's now 1:00 and I'm at 75% and SOT is 1hr and that's with very light use. If I browsing on my phone for 5min, my phone with easliy drop 3-4%. I started using the battery saver mode a couple of hours ago. Below is my History details.

I also disabled all unneeded applications.
    Attached Thumbnails 6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-screenshot_20161213-125407.jpg  
    12-13-2016 03:08 PM
    Here is some other info. I put the phone in airplane mode for a little over an hour and the battery didn't drop. Here are some things I've done.
    - Turned off Wifi from scanning
    - Changed Mobile data from Global to LTE/CDMA
    - Restricted background data
    - Turned off Auto-Brightness
    - Don’t have any widgets on my screen
    12-13-2016 03:30 PM
    Good Lord... this sucks!
    I regret letting the Marshmellow update run. Not only does my Turbo run completely differently, the battery is not even a sliver of what it's been for a year and a half.
    Like everyone else, I could go days without a charge. Now, I'll lose 20% in 5 minutes.

Last night I left it plugged into the Turbo charger all night... woke up, unplugged it, walked into the kitchen.... 100% battery went immediately to 89% in 3 seconds. It seems to charge a little bit faster after a day of having 6.01, but who cares if the battery drains in less than a day?
    I REALLY don't want to FDR. If I could go back to the last OS version, I would. I have nothing but good to say about the DT, (except maybe the camera) and I plan on going to the DT2 this coming summer. I'm not so sure now.

12-22-2016 05:58 AM
    Good Lord... this sucks!
    I regret letting the Marshmellow update run. Not only does my Turbo run completely differently, the battery is not even a sliver of what it's been for a year and a half.
    Like everyone else, I could go days without a charge. Now, I'll lose 20% in 5 minutes.

Last night I left it plugged into the Turbo charger all night... woke up, unplugged it, walked into the kitchen.... 100% battery went immediately to 89% in 3 seconds. It seems to charge a little bit faster after a day of having 6.01, but who cares if the battery drains in less than a day?
    I REALLY don't want to FDR. If I could go back to the last OS version, I would. I have nothing but good to say about the DT, (except maybe the camera) and I plan on going to the DT2 this coming summer. I'm not so sure now.
    I suggest following the instructions in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post5616906 and following up with some battery usage screenshots.

I'd also post in that thread, since that's the Turbo forum and this is the T2 forum.
    12-22-2016 09:52 AM
    I just did a FDR to my turbo. The battery life since MM update has been underwhelming to say the least. I guess I'll try it with a relatively clean phone for a while.
    01-11-2017 01:17 PM
    I just did a FDR to my turbo. The battery life since MM update has been underwhelming to say the least. I guess I'll try it with a relatively clean phone for a while.
    That seemed to work for me for a month or so then back to normal. I started to notice it when I use Waze and connected to BT while driving to work. It’s about a 50 minute drive and my battery goes to 76 percent. Is Waze and BT connected that hard on the battery, guess so. Shouldn’t be though. I asked my friend what his percentage is after he uses Waze with BT turned on (same drive to work) and he’s at 100% on his iphone. I really hope Nougat helps, when we get it!
    01-13-2017 08:09 AM
    Is Waze and BT connected that hard on the battery,
    Yes. Active navigation using the GPS radio with the display on all of the time is pretty battery-intensive. BT doesn't help.

I asked my friend what his percentage is after he uses Waze with BT turned on (same drive to work) and he’s at 100% on his iphone. I really hope Nougat helps, when we get it!
    Does your friend have his phone plugged in during the drive? That is not the battery experience that I have on my iPhone with Waze (though it is true that the iPhone reports 100% charge for quite a long time.)
    01-13-2017 09:59 AM
    That is probably the case then, false reading of 100%. No he does not have it plugged in.
    01-17-2017 12:03 PM
    Terrible battery life here with the 6.0.1 upgrade. Getting the severe Bluetooth battery drain. Pics of battery screens attached from yesterday. The gaps are when I tried restarting the phone a couple of times. WiFi and BT location scanning are turned off. Tried resetting Network settings via Backup & Reset like I have seen on other site suggestions, but it did not help. BT still severely draining the battery even with nothing at all configured for connections after the reset. Very annoying. Turning off BT does appear to stop the drain, but that is more of a band-aid than anything else. Prior to 6.0.1, it never did this. Recommendations on a real solution?
    6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-battery_screen.jpg6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-bluetooth_battery_details.jpg
    01-20-2017 06:03 AM
    I've been trying to track this issue on my phone for a while now. I have a galaxy S5 that I use for just a phone, bluetooth, mobile data, wifi, are always off. Under lollipop I got an EASY 5-7 days depending on how much texting I was doing. Screenshot shows 5 days 19 hours since charged, and 3 days left.

Under marshmallow I used GSAM and saw there's a random point in the day that will bump the processor speed up and drain the battery. I had this happen when i'm in airplane mode at night too. It sometimes coincides with a date change (time update), but I have an event logger that doesn't catch anything occurring at the time of the CPU speed increase.
    Marshmallow hasn't been able to calculate the battery time remaining well either, it always shows a much higher slope than the battery history shows - maybe the coders knew something and made it pessimistic? lol.
    See the attached for screenshots. Marshmallow shows 2 days 13 hours and 4 hours left. the GSAM shot shows the processor speed increase and its effect on battery... note it happened about midnight when I was asleep, this is one of the "time update" looking triggers.
    I worked out over 6% battery used per hour, with everything off in airplane mode.

OH, as an aside - this happened before and after updating all apps, and before and after a factory reset.
    Attached Thumbnails 6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-lollipop_2016-04-21-08-08-34.jpg   6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-marshmallow_2016-09-19-06-09-46.jpg   6.0 Marshmallow: How's your battery life after the update?-marshmallow-gsam_2016-12-22-05-45-22.jpg  
    01-31-2017 02:51 PM
88 ... 234