Camera/Gallery and SD card after Marshmallow update

atari52oo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To start, before this update I had my camera save all pictures to the SD card. After the update I still have the camera configured this way. What's really strange now is when I open the stock Gallery App any new pictures taken since the update show up in a galled "SD Card" and all of my existing pictures are in a gallery called "Camera". I've hit "details" on pictures from both galleries and all pictures show they are saved in the same path which is on the SD card. So I'm confused as to why this is happened, I would expect all pre-existing and new pictures to show up in the "SD Card" gallery and not split in two.

Is this happening to other people? And/or is there some way to fix this? There have been so many oddities with the sd card that I almost feel saving everything from it, and re-formatting it so things start from scratch with Marshmallow.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes it happened to me before I went to adoptable storage with a new SD card. Google changed the name of the external storage from external to SD card or something like that. So where the gallery is used to looking for external/dcim/photos/
Is is now mapped to sdcard/dcim/photos etc...
My gallery and my podcasts app as well as all my other apps that my data storage was on my SD card all had that problem. On pocket casts I had to uninstall and then reinstall the app then every podcast I downloaded was find after that.

Edit: the reason it happened is because of the name change and the name change is because of the adoptable storage I'm guessing.

psugrad97

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Before the update I had mine set to save to sd card as well. After the update, I can't find that in my gallery. Looked in settings can't find it. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
My new SD Card 32GB SanDisk Ultra somehow got corrupted. Lost all my photos etc. Great update Google, thanks for me now questioning every update you guys release. My card even has a wacked out name while in the phone. It went from SD Card to "M>_MM>M" WHATEVER.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21