Sound Issues with Marshmallow?

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is having sound issues with Marshmallow....updated today, and noticed that text messages are coming through but when the screen is off, the first text has an abbreviated sound and the second text is completely silent. Anyone else noticed this or can anyone recommend a fix? I did restart the phone after the update...no change. I don't want to factory reset-I'd use that as a last resort. Im using a notification tone from Zedge-not sure if that matters.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is having sound issues with Marshmallow....updated today, and noticed that text messages are coming through but when the screen is off, the first text has an abbreviated sound and the second text is completely silent. Anyone else noticed this or can anyone recommend a fix? I did restart the phone after the update...no change. I don't want to factory reset-I'd use that as a last resort. Im using a notification tone from Zedge-not sure if that matters.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Same issue here!

Which app do you folks use to text?

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I go back and forth between Textra and the Verizon Message+ app. They both work flawlessly. Textra seems more polished and smoother. Message+ has some better features and can be used across other platforms.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I go back and forth between Textra and the Verizon Message+ app. They both work flawlessly. Textra seems more polished and smoother. Message+ has some better features and can be used across other platforms.

Oddly enough, I am going back and forth between the two as well. I have not noticed any problems with Message +, but I am using the stock ring tone. I would uninstall the app, then reinstall it. That worked for me on another misbehaving app after the update.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be a bug with the volume settings in marshmallow. Sometimes they volumes will seem lower than their setting. Overall, the only change is that call volume has a higher max (8 steps instead of 7). Try safe mode and see if your volume is normal again. My notification volume will sometimes seem lower than the setting, but the next day it will be fine.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After the first text, my phone is completely silent. I guess I will try to get into safe mode and see if it is normal again. If it is, what can I do to fix it?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Textra for me. Still having sound issues including muted volume and no sound on YouTube. Factory data reset looks inevitable

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
cool that sounds like an "app" issue and not a MM issue-hopefully Verizon has a fix for that app releasing soon? Although the poster above said he was having issues with Textra as well. I have not experienced any sound issues with YouTube though.

dannyro77

May 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks perkdog that worked for me as well. So weird. You can keep "enable popup" checked and it works but sure enough it you check "enable popup over lock screen" no sound!
Nice detective work. I can live without the popup over lock screen to once again hear the texts. thanks again.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
thanks perkdog that worked for me as well. So weird. You can keep "enable popup" checked and it works but sure enough it you check "enable popup over lock screen" no sound!
Nice detective work. I can live without the popup over lock screen to once again hear the texts. thanks again.

Glad it worked for you as well.

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
The wife has been having the same issue with her DT2. Just disabled popop over locked screen and seems normal now. Thanks for the info. ☺

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish