03-17-2016 03:13 PM
30 12
tools
    I didn't break my phone. It was shipped to me DEFECTIVE. Why is this so difficult to understand? I powered it on, went through the setup process, and immediately it started randomly disconnecting from the cell network. Sometimes it required a phone restart to get the network back at all. Other Verizon phones right next to mine had none of those problems. Verizon tech support determined that it was a defective phone right out of the box. In BOTH CASES, you go back to the seller to get warranty/replacement, not the manufacturer. Again, why is this so difficult to understand?
    Your proof of delivery date is when your 14 days start. So really, you had plenty of time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2016 12:52 PM
    Lol. You're one of those customers.

Love this response... Dealing with the generally uninformed public is so dang tedious.

coldRooster likes this.
    03-17-2016 12:53 PM
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. We purchased 3 Turbo 2's in November from a Verizon corporate store -- or, more accurately, 3 codes to use on the Moto Maker website. All 3 phones were processed and delivered quickly, but one failed within a week. I went back to the Verizon store, and learned that since I used Moto Maker and was drawing from Motorola's inventory -- NOT Verizon's, I'd have to get the replacement from Moto and return the old phone to them as well -- NOT Verizon.

It did seem annoying at first, but it also made sense. They must really be managing inventory separately for Verizon vs. Moto, and replacement transactions don't seem to cross this divide. Anyway - I called the Motorola support number and after about 10 minutes of being walked through a pre-written customer support script, the tech I was speaking with agreed that the phone was indeed broken, and emailed be a new code while I was still on the phone.

We got back on Moto Maker, filled in the code, and had the replacement phone even faster than the original one -- It think it took about a week all told. Overall, it was a new customer service experience for me, but in the end it was actually pretty positive considering that we were dealing with two custom-made devices assembled based on my preferences.
    03-17-2016 01:59 PM
    To provide some useful help... You can contact Lowell Mcadam, ceo of Verizon. He won't answer directly but it would go to Verizon executive relations who would be much better able to assist you.

Optionally you can file a claim with the bbb and /or state ag, which would also go to Verizon executive relations.

In your situation, going through regular channels would be difficult.
    03-17-2016 03:12 PM
    03-17-2016 03:13 PM
30 12