10-17-2016 03:25 PM
27 12
tools
    I went into my gallery to grab a photo and all the photos on the SD card were not appearing.

I did a reboot, still no photos.

I popped the SD card out, then back in, rebooted again... nothing.

I went to settings, storage and it doesn't even say the SD card is in the phone.

Issue after Marshmallow update.

SD is basically new, purchased with phone about a month ago.

I think I'm losing my mind.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TJ Kelly Jr likes this.
    03-15-2016 03:29 PM
    I went into my gallery to grab a photo and all the photos on the SD card were not appearing.

I went to settings, storage and it doesn't even say the SD card is in the phone.

I got same problem.. Trying find out what's problem..
    03-15-2016 03:59 PM

I too am having a ridiculous problem with a brand new Class 10 card. Apparently it's "slow" by Marshmallow standards. So then I reformatted it for portable storage which was worthless. It ended up corrupting and not displaying in settings even before it corrupted. I am so excited about this problem that who knows when it'll be fixed. My 32GB is too full of music and pics that is what I bought the card for anyway. Oh yeah, and I lost pictures when it corrupted. Yay!

03-16-2016 05:21 AM
    Those of you having trouble with the sd cards what are the read & write speeds of your sd cards?

I'm getting the moto x force next week & hopping my class 10 sd card will work it's 80mbps.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-16-2016 11:57 AM
    Those of you having trouble with the sd cards what are the read & write speeds of your sd cards?

I'm getting the moto x force next week & hopping my class 10 sd card will work it's 80mbps.

PNY

3.9 out of 5 stars**952Reviews

PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE)

03-16-2016 12:21 PM

Mine is a SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB

03-16-2016 01:12 PM
    What I find odd is that my card has this information and still failed miserably. This pic is from the Motorola website explaining what to use with Marshmallow 6.0.

And why exactly didn't we get 6.0.1?

Attached Thumbnails SD Card Missing?-17524.jpg  
    03-16-2016 03:04 PM
    I got this sd card coming just hope it's gonna work when I pick my phone up next week.

SD Card Missing?-screenshot_2016-03-16-22-10-20.jpg

03-16-2016 05:12 PM
    Please let us know. That looks like what I have. I guess it's a bug that the cards don't work right.

So again, why don't we have 6.0.1 if we just upgraded to MM? Maybe the SD card issue was resolved by the 6.0.1.

03-16-2016 05:49 PM
    Please let us know. That looks like what I have. I guess it's a bug that the cards don't work right.

So again, why don't we have 6.0.1 if we just upgraded to MM? Maybe the SD card issue was resolved by the 6.0.1.

That's not listed as a 6.0.1 improvement. 6.0.1 looks pretty minor - emoji, descriptions for USB ports, some pixel c support, and security updates, and those are included in the March security update that came with the turbo 2 update.
    03-16-2016 07:07 PM

If it is a bug would it be a Verizon MM bug or just a bug in MM as I'm in Europe & I'm going to be on EE with the moto x force. (Looking forward to picking it up though) will report back sometime next week after I've played around with it.

brisadeveranos likes this.
    03-17-2016 05:30 AM
    FWIW, I too had problems with my SanDisk UltraPlus 64Gb card. I don't think it is up to the task to be run as adoptable storage. I was having odd issues, like desktop icons disappearing, etc. I went out to Best Buy, and bought a Samsung Pro+ 128Gb card for $89 which is rated 10, UHS3 formatted it in the phone as adoptable storage, and have not had a problem since. If you want to continue using your Sandisk, I'd recommend using it as external storage instead, or opt for a higher quality card.
    doogald likes this.
    03-17-2016 08:16 AM
    FWIW, I too had problems with my SanDisk UltraPlus 64Gb card. I don't think it is up to the task to be run as adoptable storage. I was having odd issues, like desktop icons disappearing, etc. I went out to Best Buy, and bought a Samsung Pro+ 128Gb card for $89 which is rated 10, UHS3 formatted it in the phone as adoptable storage, and have not had a problem since. If you want to continue using your Sandisk, I'd recommend using it as external storage instead, or opt for a higher quality card.
    Well, I suppose I will have to try a new card then. I already tried my card as portable originally and after it acted up, reformatted for adoptable and then ill messages followed with corruption.

I have learned that you get what you pay for so I'll try quality now. Thanks for sharing your experience.

03-17-2016 12:41 PM
    I've got a Sandisk 64GB Ultra formatted as adoptable storage that's not given me any problems. The only issue I've had is with Swiftkey not being able to access predictions after a power cycle.

03-17-2016 07:52 PM
    Happy to report that everything seems to be well with this new SD card I purchased. It's being used as portable storage and my music and pics are functioning properly since installation. It even still is reporting as "Samsung SD card" for now since Friday.

Maybe that previous SanDisk was a fake or something.

Attached Thumbnails SD Card Missing?-21217.jpg  
    djousma likes this.
    03-20-2016 01:30 PM
    I have a Samsung Pro SDXC class 10 card 90 bm/s and Marshmellow said it was slow and may have issues. What card do they want you to get?
    03-21-2016 06:08 PM
    So I have my card (pny 128 gb class 10) card set to portable storage and it doesn't show on my phone at all. Any suggestions besides getting a different card.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!
    03-22-2016 09:02 PM

Same issue here, you're not losing your mind...at least not about this!!!

03-22-2016 09:03 PM

PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE) class 10, 60 mbs transfer speeds

03-22-2016 09:04 PM
    It's no help I'm offering but just updating my status that the Samsung card I purchased in place of SanDisk still performing well and still reporting "Samsung SD Card" in settings. I am guessing that the read/write speed has something to do with the issue besides just being a Class 10 card. I don't know that it matters but my card is also a UHS 3 vs a 1. Again, Motorola webpage pic of my previous post doesn't specify the read/write I don't believe.

Maybe MM 6.0.1 is the answer? Not that we'll probably see that. Yay.

03-23-2016 09:44 AM
    Well I've had my phone with the SD card in it for a few days & my phone recognises it as SanDisk SD card & the card is 80 Mbps & works perfectly fine.

03-23-2016 11:44 AM
    Great, that's awesome! I hope it stays that way. I'll have to see what the speeds are of the SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB I purchased. Guess I'll have to sell it.

UPDATE :
    SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-1 32GB "SPEED UP TO 48MB/s 320X" not recommended from my experience.

03-23-2016 11:50 AM
    I have the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 with a Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB MicroSD XC1 card installed. It has been working fine for months. Verizon updated my phone to Marshmallow two days ago and after a reboot I can see both memory devices. After a period of time the 128 GB card disappears. This is incredibly annoying, any ideas? I will attach two screen shots, one shows the memory and it works fine. The other shows what happens after it disappears.

SD Card Missing?-screenshot_20160427-184913.jpg
    SD Card Missing?-screenshot_20160426-204237.jpg

About 15 minutes after I rebooted my phone I got this error message and the sd card is not longer mounted.

SD Card Missing?-screenshot_20160427-191459.jpg
    04-27-2016 06:00 PM
    Could there be an error with the PNY 128 GB card? Like a few other people in this thread, I received this card in the mail and installed it as internal memory. But, about an hour later, my Moto X Pure (which I assume has the same system as the Droid Turbo 2) popped up a notification that said that the SD card was missing. I tried all the normal stuff: turning the phone on and off, removing the SD card and reinserting it, making sure the card was clean, etc. I'd rather not force my phone to forget the cards memory, especially since that still may not work in the end. Does anyone else have any other ideas, or know anywhere that I can try to get this fixed? I'd rather not risk any more money on purchasing a new SD card since I'm on a tight budget. Honestly, though, at this point, I'd do anything just to get that extra storage on my phone.
    06-05-2016 10:08 AM
    I had something similar my SD card would auto eject on reboot and I couldn't use it at all. I used a tool to test the SD card and determined that it was faulty. I had to replace it.
    06-06-2016 10:04 AM
27 12