11-13-2016 01:28 AM
38 12
tools
    Just a small update, I'm in Canada now with DT2 and same sim-card, my network is Bell and I don't have a single issue with network. Seems like this only applies to t-mobile
    doogald likes this.
    03-23-2016 11:44 AM
    My update: I changed to a back-up phone. This issue on the DT2 was too frustrating to deal with. In my line of work, I have to toggle airplane mode frequently for travel and this highlighted the problem more often. The phone would have trouble reconnecting to the network when I came out of airplane mode and would require a restart.
    Also, I seemed to have trouble with upload speeds, even while showing 4G LTE. This manifested itself especially while replying to or sending out emails. They would simply sit in my outbox. I don't know if this is all related but I do know that switching to my back up phone (Alcatel Idol 3) solved the email issue as well as connectivity issues.
    Hopefully this gets resolved - otherwise, I have a nice DT2 for sale. As the OP said - best phone ever until the update.
    03-24-2016 12:31 PM
    Are people having trouble on other GSM systems, or only on T-Mobile? The Canadian user above says he was not having any problems. If the phone does not work on systems outside the U.S., then that would be an issue that Verizon/Motorola would want to fix. But if it doesn't work on one of Verizon's domestic competitors, I can see why they would not be putting a lot of energy into resolving the problem.

This is one of the issues with provider-branded phones.
    doogald likes this.
    03-24-2016 03:00 PM
    I'm also stuck currently with a Turbo 2 on Tmobile and no signal for the last 27 hours. I started losing my signal after the marshmallow update, just randomly over the few weeks. Now despite doing everything tmobile and motorola have suggested, I got nothing but a phone to use on wifi. Even the factory reset did nothing. I am currently looking for ways to remove marshmallow if anyone could post that, I'd appreciate it.

currently tmobile just keeps repeating - sorry since you didn't get the phone from us, you need to contact motorola.
    and motorola has said they may just need to send me a new phone.

phone worked okay before marshmallow - i would say great, but its tmobile.. nothing is ever great.
    03-31-2016 09:23 PM
    6.0 Marshmallow: Connection Issues on T-Mobile-img_3479.jpg6.0 Marshmallow: Connection Issues on T-Mobile-img_3242.jpgseems like my story was written by a decent writer Once I woke up and saw what you can see on the attached image, a famous green/pink line issue. That was my chance and I made the most out of it. I chatted with Verizon representative and since my phone was still under the warranty chat rep was kind enough to send me a free certified used phone (which ended up being a phone looking new without a single scratch). I had been preying for two days for the new phone to have Lollipop and guess what? It actually had lollipop when I opened it. Took me round two hours to reinstall all the apps etc. (thank God Nova Launcher allows settings import, saved me some time) but now I have my droid turbo back as I've been on wifi and not a single issue even though my network signal is poor where I'm now.

Now I just need to stay away from marshmallow.
    03-31-2016 11:17 PM
    Sorry to kick an old thread, I was having issues too and it seemed to be connected to the phone auto connecting to known wifi sources. I ran wifi off for a few days and did not have an issue. I also read that turning HD calling off fixed the issue for someone. I have turned wifi and auto connect back on and am testing the phone with out HD calling turned on. So far so good.
    06-16-2016 12:57 PM
    Another point to note is that this thread was started when the first, buggy build of Marshmallow was released. Two updates have come in since then, one of them being a fixed version of Marshmallow. Maybe this new build will work fine on T-Mobile?

I'm not suggesting that the OP risk the update now risk losing service again, but I'm just saying that the issue may have been fixed by now.
    06-18-2016 09:29 PM
    I am still showing the issue, it doesnt seem to care if I have HD Calling on. Can anyone confirm what the newest update is?
    06-22-2016 03:14 PM
    Been struggling with this problem on my LG G3 on TMobile as well. Here are things that are worth trying if you want to avoid a hard reset (as suggested by TMobile support):

1) Manually updating APN
    2) Removing SIM card
    3) Clearing system cache
    4) Network settings reset
    5) In Developer Menu: Use legacy DHCP client
    6) In Developer Menu: Cellular data always active
    7) Disable Binge by texting #263#
    8) Flash radio back to Lollipop

I also noticed that whenever I used Advanced Task Killer it immediately killed my mobile connection, so that's something to be aware of.

Seems like APN updates resolve this for most people, though it did not resolve for me.
    08-10-2016 11:29 AM
    I also noticed that whenever I used Advanced Task Killer it immediately killed my mobile connection, so that's something to be aware of.
    There is absolutely no reason to use Advanced Task Killer. Get junk like that off your phone. It was probably ok before Gingerbread, but it's been unnecessary and counter-productive for years now.
    08-10-2016 11:52 AM
    I am also sorry to revive an old post. Just curious if anyone has any updates on this issue? I recently bought a Droid Turbo 2 for a great deal and am on T-Mobile. Wondering if it's safe to update at this point, or if I'll have to avoid Marshmallow as well once I receive it. Thanks!
    10-13-2016 05:58 PM
    Just wanted to follow up in case others wanted to try T-Mobile with this device. So far I have noticed no issues. I always have service. Not sure if it was fixed or if the problem only affects certain people.
    10-20-2016 02:42 PM
    I'm in the same scenario:
    -Had the Turbo 2 for about 3 months. It's been on t-mobile from day one with no connection issues.
    -Installed the update and almost immediately began having issues with data and phone connection. It randomly drops out, sometimes in the middle of the night (while I'm on call!).
    -Restarting or toggling network settings usually fixes it.
    -I've also had multiple android phones on t-mobile. This was the best yet. Hopefully someone can solve this.
    I'm from India also having this network issue after the marshmallow update ,i reseted it several times but nothing changes, this specially happen when sim 1 is active 4g.
    so I tried to catch a bug report but I dont know where to send it . Can Anyone help ??
    11-13-2016 01:28 AM
38 12