Amazon underground

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Since the update my Amazon underground app says it has an update daily yet when I try to install it, it flashes the update screen and then goes away and I can't complete any update or verify that it has updated. Anyone have any fixes for this, or a way to verify it has updated??

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that your settings to allow "unknown sources" reverted back to "do not allow" when you updated? Amazon Underground requires that, since the installs and updates don't come from the Play Store:

• Go to your phone Settings page
  • Tap Security or Applications (varies with device)
  • Check the Unknown Sources box
  • Confirm with OK

Jon

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The Audible app may be the culprit. Others have had trouble updating Amazon apps with the Audible app either disabled or not updated. You can enable Audible, and then disable after updating Amazon Underground.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Unknown sources is still checked. I've enabled and updated audible, will have to try it again next time it pops up

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It was the Kindle app for me. Update that app then you should be able to update other Amazon apps. How dumb is that!

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, disabled Audible and now reenabled and able to update Kindle. Ahh the vagaries of the world of Android.

Last edited:

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just did this as well and all my Amazon apps finally (READ FRUSTRATING) updated. Also check my own post here about Amazon shopping not updating after MM install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy