Amazon Prime will no longer update now that Marshmallow has been installed on my T2. Also, my son removed it from his T2 but now it won't install at all. Anyone else have this or similar problem with updates?
    03-25-2016 07:20 AM
    Which functionality are you looking for with the prime app?
    03-25-2016 07:59 AM
    Open your Amazon app and go to apps. Once you're there search Amazon Underground. Install that, it replaced the Amazon app for the D2 in the Play Store. Hope this helped.
    03-25-2016 08:06 AM
    I would like to browse & shop like I was doing before MM. I still can, I just can't update the app. FYI: Verizon is my carrier should that make a difference.
    03-25-2016 08:29 AM
    Yeah, I got a funny message yesterday saying Amazon wanted to update, so I said OK, and then some sort of an error message. Am I correct that the Amazon app doesn't update through the Play store???

I'm not a big Amazon user. I don't use Prime. I am just curious....
    adayoff likes this.
    03-25-2016 09:41 AM
    I ran into this the since the mm update. I reenabled Amazon Kindle, and tried updating all the Amazon apps including Audible. At first, a few still wouldn't install the updates. I tried selectively updating them one at a time, in different order, and after a few tries, they all were able to be updated, including the regular Amazon app and Amazon Prime Music. Now they're all up to date on my DT2.

No idea why they refused to take updates for a few days, but they're all fine and up to date now, and all are working well.
    03-25-2016 11:00 AM
    I had a problem updating my Amazon app. The fix for me was I had to update the Audible app first. I had the Audible app disabled, so I had to enable it and then update it. Then I was able to update the Amazon app. After the update I went back and disabled the Audible app.
    Give it a try it should work.
    03-25-2016 11:01 AM
    I'm confused. How does one update an app individually??? And do the Amazon apps updated through the Play store??? The update that the Amazon app tried to do the other day was not through the play store.

I have all the Amazon apps "enabled" with the exception of Amazon Music. Does Amazon Music have to be enabled for the Amazon aps to update???

Geez. I never saw such foolishness with IOS. MM is decent, but seems like everyday there is a new wrinkle....
    03-25-2016 11:37 AM
    I tried enabling Audible, and still none of my Amazon apps will update.
    03-25-2016 11:45 AM
    The person (at Verizon and/or Motorola) who decided that it was a good idea to pre-install the Amazon apps rather than just let people install them on their own should be penalized by having to use a Droid 2 as their only phone for the next two years. You shouldn't have to disable them - you should be able to uninstall them if you don't want them. (Or, as I said, just sell the phone without them.)

It's not like they knocked off a lot of money off the list price by having these app developers pay to have them pre-installed. This phone costs way more than comparable hardware.
    03-25-2016 12:54 PM

It's not like they knocked off a lot of money off the list price by having these app developers pay to have them pre installed. This phone costs way more than comparable hardware.
    I completely agree that this phone is overpriced. I don't think it's even worth $525. It's a decent phone, but the engineering (especially camera) is substandard. Poor integration of a top of the line processor, 3 gb of RAM, big battery, and AMOLED display.
    03-25-2016 01:41 PM
    If you are having difficulty updating your Amazon apps go to settings, security and turn on Unknown Sources.
    Amazon does not update through play store. Every time I am notified of an Amazon update I turn on Unknown Sources, update the apps, make sure they work, than turn Unknown Sources back off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2016 07:32 AM
    I appreciate the responses I have received so far, but of the suggested work arounds, none of them work for me.
    03-26-2016 08:27 AM
    I just updated my Amazon apps. (Please read the directions provided in another post here about Amazon Underground.) I enable the Audible app & then updated it. I also enabled in security settings allow install a pps from other sources. (DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THIS WAS A NECESSARY STEP OR NOT?) Then I was able to upd a team all the Amazon apps I hadn't been able to update. ☺
    jonstrong likes this.
    03-26-2016 08:56 AM
    ...Every time I am notified of an Amazon update I turn on Unknown Sources, update the apps, make sure they work, than turn Unknown Sources back off...
    This is what worked for me
    03-26-2016 11:50 AM
    I just updated my Amazon apps. (Please read the directions provided in another post here about Amazon Underground.) I enable the Audible app & then updated it. I also enabled in security settings allow install a pps from other sources. (DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THIS WAS A NECESSARY STEP OR NOT?) Then I was able to upd a team all the Amazon apps I hadn't been able to update. ☺
    I did all of that, and Amazon still doesn't update.
    03-28-2016 09:47 AM
    Update Audible is the fix.
    03-29-2016 04:31 AM
    Yep I was having the problem with Amazon Music. I enabled audible and presto, everything updated.
    03-30-2016 08:25 PM
    I also had to enable and update the Amazon Kindle app. I am guessing that if you have any Amazon apps disabled, the Amazon App store (or Underground) update will fail.
    03-31-2016 03:13 PM
    I had a problem updating my Amazon app. The fix for me was I had to update the Audible app first. I had the Audible app disabled, so I had to enable it and then update it. Then I was able to update the Amazon app. After the update I went back and disabled the Audible app.
    Give it a try it should work.
    I could not update any Amazon apps or download Alexa app....this worked. You saved the day. Thank you.
    07-28-2016 08:44 PM
    I too could not update any amazon app after Marshmallow update. I had to update the Audiobooks from Audible app and then I was able to update all the other amazon apps. None of the other tips worked for me.
    08-22-2016 07:26 PM
    That is so freakin' stupid! But it worked. Thanks. Been driving me a little bit nuts wondering what was up with Amazon apps.
    08-23-2016 10:55 AM
    I was trying to transfer apps from my old phone to my new phone (both Samsung). All of the apps transferred except for the Amazon Kindle, Prime Photos, and Music apps. I managed to install the Kindle app from Amazon Underground. But no matter what I try to do, I cannot install the Prime Photos or Music apps. Any suggestions? (I am asked to "enable" these two apps but that doesn't work.) BTW, Audible is one of the ones that transferred and it works fine.
    08-08-2017 10:44 PM