System Monitor?

Kaguar77

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
In my accessibility menu, there's an option System Monitor that is on and I never enabled it and ever since I keep getting random pop-ups at random times. If I try clicking it, it takes me back to the main settings menu. It's very frustrating and I want to disable it because I have Kaspersky installed for anti-virus but my phone isn't letting me.

Just now while typing a pop-up for a game showed and it redirected me to the app store. It's very annoying and I don't know what it is. I ran a scan on my phone thinking it's a virus and it doesn't show up as anything being infected.

Pop-up happened when writing this and this time it wouldn't go away. I went to post a picture of it with the phone rotated because it allowed me to see half the screen and I clicked the screenshot and instead it posted a picture of a cat..... OK.....

Attachments

• 22005.jpg
    22005.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 33

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Apps and see if System Monitor is in the list. If it is, tap on it and then tap the Uninstall button.

Let us know if that works.

Kaguar77

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Apps and see if System Monitor is in the list. If it is, tap on it and then tap the Uninstall button.

Let us know if that works.

That was one of the first things I did, sorry for not mentioning that lol. It's not listed as an app or anything. And the pop-ups are always advertising games and apps. And is random and will do it even if the screen isn't awake.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaguar77

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I think I'm gonna have to do a factory reset at this point. My antivirus isn't finding it as a virus or anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked your running services in developer settings for anything running that you don't recognize? Check your app list for anything as well? Boot in safe mode? I would try unistalling your kaspersky also, there is really no need for it and it could possibly be the cause. You should be able to fix this without a FDR.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would also go into Settings / Security / Device Administrators, and see if anything is registered in there that you don't recognize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech