Drive Mode - After MM update won't go off.

xdollface8

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The "Drive Mode" part of Moto Assist will no longer go off.

I do love the feature when I am driving. Minus the fact that "You have a new text from So and So" now comes through the Bluetooth like a phone call (this is also happening in my dad's truck with his Turbo1) stopping all music and thinking it's a phone call. The feature to me while driving even with the new annoyance is still worth it.

However, when I am a passenger in a car I don't want it on. Hitting the "not now" works for a few minutes but doesn't really help when the phone realizes that we're driving again or the constant in and out of the car when running errands with somebody else.

The option to shut off driving mode completely in Moto assist is gone. I have went into the settings and looked and also searched it.

What am I missing?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Drive Mode settings are in the Moto Voice section in the Moto App.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Android MM update remove some special features of android Lolipop. :-\

I hate to be negative yet again with the whole "whoever made that decision is an *****," but here we are with another software update that someone, or a group, brought up the how can we ruin more things people love about their phone.

This happens with every update. I don't know who thought it was a great idea to remove options to change the settings, but it's all too common.

Sucks, I know.

UPDATE : I see that Ry posted the fix so that's great!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: