Voice Mail Visual Indicator

dwgsp

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have Verizon, and have had my Turbo 2 for a couple months. Has anyone found a way to get a visual indication that there is voice mail waiting, without having to use Visual Voice Mail (which only works when data is enabled)?

Verizon customer support told me that this is not possible on this phone. That really surprises me, since this is a basic feature that any flip phone supports.

Thanks!

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon, and have had my Turbo 2 for a couple months. Has anyone found a way to get a visual indication that there is voice mail waiting, without having to use Visual Voice Mail (which only works when data is enabled)?

Verizon customer support told me that this is not possible on this phone. That really surprises me, since this is a basic feature that any flip phone supports.

Thanks!

I get the voice mail notification up in the notification panel, are you talking about something different.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
In the "old days", the voice mail flag came over the network control channel, like SMS and incoming voice call setup. No data connection was required. Apparently, when they went to supporting visual voice mail, that feature was dropped, so the only voice mail indicator you get is from the visual voice mail app, using data. No visual voice mail app or no data means no indicator.