Battery saver mode question.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone on battery saver mode all day yesterday to help with the miitomo app draining the battery & I noticed that several times during the day my screen flickers. Only does one flicker then will do it again so many hours later. If I take it off battery saver mode I get no flicker what's so ever. Is this normal? If not is there a fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the miitomo app. What does it do?

Is it the only app that is draining your battery?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Miitomo is a fun little app where you create a mii character then other people who have the app can be added if your friends with them on Facebook or Twitter & you find out info on them like what's there favourite food is, who is there celebraty crush, what they think of cats etc. Your mii also asks you questions like that too. None are personal questions though. There is also a mini game on there & you can dress your mii up in different clothes.
That's pretty much it but I find it fun coz I have loads of friends that have it so it gets busy.

Miitomo seems to use a lot of battery power when I'm using it, I no the battery percentage will go down while on the phone but it just seems to go down quicker than other apps & my phone gets hot too goes up to 40 degrees C if I'm on it for long enough. Also Google services has been appearing on the battery stats screen using 12% battery.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Still wanna no if the screen flicker once every now & then is normal? Any help would be much appreciated.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes I found that a little while ago & turned it on think it does help a bit but did manage to get 6 hours SOT yesterday.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
6 hours SOT and you're complaining that you're battery life feels short? Geez, you must have a Jesus battery or something.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My battery life was short when I first downloaded miitomo as I didn't no about the battery saver mode on the app. When I first got miitomo I was getting 2-4 SOT when Im use to 5-6 hours.

Still want to no if the screen flicker is normal when battery saver mode is on in the actual phone settings.