In order words, I would like to move a particular photo to a different place with the folder. I thought I could do it with the phone connected to the computer, but I can't seem to figure it out. It should the picture on the computer in the place I want it but it doesn't change on the phone.
    04-03-2016 07:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The stock Gallery will simply display the photo files in your phone's directories in a set order (not sure if it's in time/date order or image filename alphabetical order). Stock gallery apps or the Google Photos app won't let you reorder the photos in a specific way--you'd have to try different 3rd party gallery apps.
    04-03-2016 10:24 PM
    I use QuickPic for my gallery app. It allows you to sort pics by date taken, size, date added to phone, and file name, and maybe other ways.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can move pics around in any order. Every app that I've seen sorts pics by some sort of criteria automatically. If you're trying to get a pic to always be first or last, you can rename the pic in such a way that a sort by file name will put it first or last. You can also put specific pics in a separate folder for quicker access.

T
    04-04-2016 12:35 PM