Verizon turbo 2 marshmallow?

Eustis99

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm kind of new to Android Central as I've always been a lumia and blackberry user. I just received a turbo 2 on Verizon but am still running 5.1.1. Has the marshmallow update been released? I see on Verizon's site it claims to have been but when I check, nada. Sorry if this has already been answered. Like I said, I'm kind of new to this site and Android as a whole.

Posted via the Android Central App

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
it was pulled several weeks ago for supposedly to many issues and bugs in it so for the time being if you just purchased the phone or if you had to get exchange it is still running 5.1.1 Kit Kat

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
It has been released, over a month ago I think. Try power cycling your phone and checking again. Also, you can try the Verizon software update assistant.

Posted by the Droid Turbo 2 authored by its Human!!!

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
it was pulled several weeks ago for supposedly to many issues and bugs in it so for the time being if you just purchased the phone or if you had to get exchange it is still running 5.1.1 Kit Kat

Did it get pulled a second time?? It got pulled once and then released a second time after they fixed the bugs.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of new to Android Central as I've always been a lumia and blackberry user. I just received a turbo 2 on Verizon but am still running 5.1.1. Has the marshmallow update been released? I see on Verizon's site it claims to have been but when I check, nada. Sorry if this has already been answered. Like I said, I'm kind of new to this site and Android as a whole.

In general, it's a good idea to search the forums first before posting a new question - just on the chance that the topic has already been addressed. In this case, the topic has, indeed, been raised - several times. There's good info on other threads. Instead of splitting the same topic into multiple discussions, I suggest that you look over at the other thread in this same forum, where a pretty information-rich conversation has been going on. See that other thread here.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Did it get pulled a second time?? It got pulled once and then released a second time after they fixed the bugs.

yes it did as per 2 level Verizon Technical Support assistant, I received a replacement phone and it shipped with 5.1 on it and said no updates available when I set it up so I called Verizon and that is what I was told this is about 10 days ago

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Not to be picky, but 5.1.1 is Lollipop not KitKat . .I'm sure that's what you meant right? ;-)

Droidkin

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon suspended Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow update on March 25, 2016. Moto/Lenovo unable to fix serious bugs with release. Neither will comment on when update will restart.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Is there any documentation on what those serious bugs are? I have had absolutely no problems with my phone since updating to Marshmallow. Even the battery life is better than it was with Lollipop.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there any documentation on what those serious bugs are? I have had absolutely no problems with my phone since updating to Marshmallow. Even the battery life is better than it was with Lollipop.

As far as I know, and I looked yesterday, there is no documentation that the updates have been pulled - it's all just speculation and hearsay (a Verizon technician telling you that without an official document to back this up is an example of hearsay.)

There is nothing on Lenovo's official Motorola forum that says this, either, and Motorola's Matt Jones has recent posts there that suggest that he doesn't believe that the updates have been stopped.

However, if it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, it's probably a fish. It sure seems as if the updates have been stopped, for whatever reason.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
it has been pulled it is not available when you check for updates running 5.1 I also had no issues with it either on my other turbo 2 with the broken USB port, if it has not been pulled please explain how I can get it.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
As of a few days ago, people report that you can install it using the Verizon Software Update Assistant on your computer through a usb connection (usb 2 ports only.)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-116673/&token=28tW1XMY

I installed the assistant on my PC and ran the update, but the weird thing is at about the half way point of the install it kept disconnecting my phone from the USB port, I tried this about 3 times finally I gave up, but the phone would not turn on so I ran the repair from the assistant and when it was done it turned the phone on, I figured I would still be on 5.1.1 but it was 6.0 marshmallow then I figured it was going to be all screwed up with bugs, but as of today everything is working normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance