App cleaner request

Homee2010

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
hello,

I'm looking for an app to clean the cache on the DT2. Formerly, I had the App Cache Cleaner free on my HTC One.

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Thanks

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You've got a few options to clear the cache on the Droid Turbo 2 with using an app.

Motorola walks you through the process of clearing the cache partition on your phone using Android Recovery to this on this page.

Verizon provides an alternate approach, either clearing the app cache for a single application, or the cache for all application - instructions here.

These are all quick, easy and effective. You can also use an app to handle this - and there are numerous apps that address this in the Play Store, many of which are free. I hesitate to recommend a specific one, as I tend to personally be very cautious about these, and suggest that if you consider using one, make sure it has a high download count (in the thousands) and a high rating (e.g., above 4.5). There's a pretty good article covering the overall topic on this page.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
With the changed permissions in Marshmallow, apps can no longer clean the cache. You have to use the option in storage.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
You can use CM Lite all you want, check your cache in storage and you will see that it remains. The only way to clean the cache in MM is through the storage menu in settings or by each app individually.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You can use CM Lite all you want, check your cache in storage and you will see that it remains. The only way to clean the cache in MM is through the storage menu in settings or by each app individually.
...or by booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition as mentioned a few posts back.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
...or by booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition as mentioned a few posts back.

Just to be clear, that's not the same as the app cache. The /cache partition primarily stores log files and temp files (as well as other things, like OTA updates, which are downloaded to /cache); the app cache is stored in the /data partition for each app installed on the phone.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear, that's not the same as the app cache. The /cache partition primarily stores log files and temp files (as well as other things, like OTA updates, which are downloaded to /cache); the app cache is stored in the /data partition for each app installed on the phone.
Thanks for clarifying!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37