Just received/updated to 24.14.12

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I have 5.1.1 now, so installing these two updates brings me to marshmallow?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes

I had the interrupted update that so many had which would not progress forward. I was on 5.1.1 and now on 6.
No noticeable differences here on performance, battery, or satisfaction. At least I can stop waiting and stop worrying.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I am a bit confused about what folks are reporting. Is this update bringing 5.1.1 devices to Marshmallow (addressing whatever the earlier concerns were), and doing some unknown minor tweak for phones already on 6.0, so everyone will now be at the same release?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am a bit confused about what folks are reporting. Is this update bringing 5.1.1 devices to Marshmallow (addressing whatever the earlier concerns were), and doing some unknown minor tweak for phones already on 6.0, so everyone will now be at the same release?

Yes to everything before your left parenthesis, maybe to everything after

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Our company uses Verizon for our company phones, I just received my Turbo 2 tonight , got everything set up, all my emails, apps, and app data, (thank you Helium) but hadn't been paying attention, I really thought the 6.0 update had been pulled, after getting everything finished I was prompted about a 2 part update, I wish this would have popped up on the initial setup, I've never done a whole incriminate update without doing a FDR. I'm not in the mood to start over tonight. Anyone NOT do a factory data reset after installing 6.0? Any problems? I'm probably just being lazy, I've always done one on my personal Nexus 6 with every whole digit update but that's an unlocked Google play store phone. Just wondering if anyone is seeing problems with this update without a FDR.
P. S. I did do a cache wipe at least.

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Both updates brought me to 6.0

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed the pair of updates that brought my Turbo2 up to 6.0 a couple of weeks ago. I did not do a factory reset after the upgrade, even though I have always done that in the past. I did boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition immediately after the upgrade.

So far, I have had zero problems with Marshmallow. Performance and battery life is about the same.

I have 2 other Turbo2's on my plan that were both upgraded without doing FDR'S and followed the same procedure. So far, we have had no problems with the upgrade on any of the 3 phones.

I will say that if problems do start showing up, I won't spend a lot of time troubleshooting before doing a FDR. Was hard to resist the urge to FDR after the upgrade, but so far so good.

JohnCer

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just installed my update. Phone was fine before. No problems then, let's hope for the same now.

On a side note, my son had the DT2 which he has given to my granddaughter. He replaced it w/the Samsung 7 (or whatever it's called). I asked how he liked it. He said it's okay but the battery life isn't like the DT2! ??????

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Pac757 you should be fine to update without problems.

Thanks, but I'll do that first when I get my new / new Droid Turbo 2, the one I received from Verizon was not new, I had a feeling something wasn't right about it, the front screen did not have the Verizon Check Mark logo between the speakers and the manufacturer date on the box was December 2015, this turned out to be a returned phone that someone removed the shatter shield from. I'll be sure to do the updates first then do a FDR then load my apps and accounts.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Our company uses Verizon for our company phones, I just received my Turbo 2 tonight , got everything set up, all my emails, apps, and app data, (thank you Helium) but hadn't been paying attention, I really thought the 6.0 update had been pulled, after getting everything finished I was prompted about a 2 part update, I wish this would have popped up on the initial setup, I've never done a whole incriminate update without doing a FDR. I'm not in the mood to start over tonight. Anyone NOT do a factory data reset after installing 6.0? Any problems? I'm probably just being lazy, I've always done one on my personal Nexus 6 with every whole digit update but that's an unlocked Google play store phone. Just wondering if anyone is seeing problems with this update without a FDR.
P. S. I did do a cache wipe at least.

I updated without a fdr or cache wipe when 6.0 was released without any problems.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I haven't done a factory reset. I have owned my DT2 since December. And I had to do the Marshmallow updated in twice -- once about a month ago and again last week after the new update was released. And my phone runs just as well now as when I purchased it and originally set it up.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Since updating today, I've noticed initial battery drain has improved. Typically by the time I had got to work my phone was down to 94-95%. Today I was at 100% when I arrived.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
After I updated my DT2 via OTA, I charged it to full but took my sim out to use in my Nexus 6P (I alternate between these two phones). I didn't FDR, switch to airplane mode or turn WiFi off or anything, but when I looked at it 24 hours later it had only drained 1%. That's pretty amazing! Might have to switch back to the DT2 for a bit to see if battery life under usage has improved as well.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
After I updated my DT2 via OTA, I charged it to full but took my sim out to use in my Nexus 6P (I alternate between these two phones). I didn't FDR, switch to airplane mode or turn WiFi off or anything, but when I looked at it 24 hours later it had only drained 1%. That's pretty amazing! Might have to switch back to the DT2 for a bit to see if battery life under usage has improved as well.

My issue with the DT2 was always battery life when in use. Its standby is incredible. Any thoughts on in-use battery life post update?

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery has been good since updating over a month ago. My problem is with random call dropping, and what seems to be a complete network drop when in known good areas. Wife's phone does not do this, as she refuses the ota when it pops up.

Namredna

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one who is having troubles with Google play? For some reason it keeps telling me that I have background data disabled, yet when ever I check it in my settings, they are allowed and it didn't happen until this update
Edit: I have the dt2 if that matters

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who is having troubles with Google play? For some reason it keeps telling me that I have background data disabled, yet when ever I check it in my settings, they are allowed and it didn't happen until this update
Edit: I have the dt2 if that matters

I had something like this happen to me in March when I first got the phone said I had no mobile data when I do. What I did was delete the app data then it's worked fine since.