Moto Voice is terrible with DT2

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
First some background, I've had the original MotoX, the droid turbo and now the T2. Both of my previous phones, moto voice worked so well. I could text hands free and reply without issue. Even when my truck was not the quietest environment. With the T2 however driving the same roads will not work properly. When a text comes in I say Listen... I hear the message loud and clear... It then asks if I want to respond...I say yes and the phone hears me just fine and asks what's my message? When I speak my response.. I get nothing, didn't tell me to speak up or anything it just simply doesn't hear me and then says "I'm having trouble, let's talk later" this is beyond annoying, clearly the phone can here me Judy fine because it gets me to this part of the process. I've done a factory reset recently going that it would fix this issue but it hasn't. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via the Android Central App

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That would be frustrating indeed... I've actually found that voice response seems to have improved since the marshmallow upgrade, although that could be my imagination. For example: I was at a large outdoor event in the middle of Princeton (on and adjacent to the University campus) a few days ago -- an annual fete called "Communiversity" that draws over 40,000 people for a 6 hour outdoor street event. As you can imagine, it was crowded and loud. But the Moto app recognized my wake up phrase immediately, and then I was able to speak a variety of commands - without raising my voice at all - and it recognized me perfectly and responded appropriately. I was really surprised by how well it worked under the circumstances. Sorry this doesn't help with your immediate issue - but I can attest to the fact that when it IS working properly, voice recognition works quite well on this phone.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Same issues with mine where I was wondering where the mics were versus how I sat the phone down.

I've found no reprieve. It either works great, or its crap. No in between for me.

I loved my original mx so much that I may reactivate that phone and consider this my Samsung Fascinate of 2016.

Posted via the Android Central App

mikpaq

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had similar experience with Moto Voice. I have found a solid work around. I now use "Ok Google" to initiate comms, and Dragon Mobile to receive them. Works almost flawlessly, and better than when I had a moto x.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just had a chat session with Motorola and I can't believe just how terrible they are. I talked to a guy named Sunku...He tells that motorola devices do not have that functionality to be able to repond to text messages with voice???What!!! I told him that i've been innitiating and responding to texts with moto voice while driving since my 2013 motoX....All he says, is this is not an issue with the phone...it simply doesn't have that functionality...Crazy stupid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon