I'm not sure when it happened but I think about February or right when I got the Marshmallow update. Neither Verizon's Message+ or Android Text icons are updated when new texts have arrived. I'm getting another update as I type this and hoping that it fixes this issue.
    04-27-2016 02:25 PM
    I'm getting another update as I type this and hoping that it fixes this issue.
    Report back, please!
    04-27-2016 03:33 PM
    Update didn't help. Ver 24.14.12
    04-27-2016 03:49 PM
    Are you using the stock launcher, or did you switch to a third party launcher (home) app, like the Google Now launcher, Nova launcher, etc.? Only the stock launcher supports icon badges (though Nova Prime does as well if you use the TeslaUnread plugin app.)

If not, did you disable any apps? In particular, did you disable the app called "Badger"? That's the app that draws the unread numbers on icons on the Motorola homescreen. (To be honest, it is a kludge; Android does not support icon badges, so launcher apps have to figure out a workaround.)
    04-27-2016 05:17 PM
    Tap and hold a blank area on a home screen and touch Settings. There's an option to turn that on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 05:41 PM
    Google Now launcher was the problem....thanks
    04-27-2016 06:36 PM
    Since the 24.14.12 update on 04/22/2016 my Droid Turbo 2 will not download any information to my micro SD card. Is anyone else having this problem?
    05-04-2016 06:21 PM
    I wonder if the permissions have to be set manually to give the app access to the card.
    05-05-2016 02:01 PM
    Marshmallow comes with Google Now as the only launcher, there is no "stock launcher", at least not on my Nexus 5X, on which, BTW, Android Marshmallow gets updated regularly, as I check every now and then, or at least monthly or whenever I have a problem.
    05-05-2016 07:11 PM
    :-
    05-05-2016 07:12 PM
    Are you using the stock launcher, or did you switch to a third party launcher (home) app, like the Google Now launcher, Nova launcher, etc.? Only the stock launcher supports icon badges (though Nova Prime does as well if you use the TeslaUnread plugin app.)

If not, did you disable any apps? In particular, did you disable the app called "Badger"? That's the app that draws the unread numbers on icons on the Motorola homescreen. (To be honest, it is a kludge; Android does not support icon badges, so launcher apps have to figure out a workaround.)
    Sorry, this is the same as before, but I did not "quote" your answer, therefore, nobody knows to whom I replied/commented the following:
    Marshmallow comes with Google Now as the only launcher, there is no "stock launcher", at least not on my Nexus 5X, on which, BTW, Android Marshmallow gets updated regularly, as I check every now and then, or at least monthly or whenever I have a problem.
    05-05-2016 07:15 PM

05-05-2016 07:22 PM
    This is not a Nexus 5x - it is the Turbo 2, and it still ships with a launcher called "Launcher 3" (aka Moto Launcher) as the default and stock launcher. If you want the Google Now launcher, you need to install it from the Play Store.
    05-05-2016 07:38 PM