Found this today, published date today 04/27/2016

Motorola Sued For $5 Million Over Poor Warranty Support

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 07:57 PM
    I've seen some horror stories about Moto's Warranty process, but personally and while I can't speak for phone warranty, my experience with them on the Moto360 was painless and fast. I (finally) has the back cracking issue on my 11-month-old watch, and as soon as I mentioned that, they issued a replacement that got to my door in a couple of days. I even got an extra charging cradle since they only request the watch to be sent in, no accessories. They even sent me a follow up e-mail and called me about a month afterwards to make sure I didn't have issues with the replacement.
    04-27-2016 08:14 PM
    I've seen some horror stories about Moto's Warranty process, but personally and while I can't speak for phone warranty, my experience with them on the Moto360 was painless and fast. I (finally) has the back cracking issue on my 11-month-old watch, and as soon as I mentioned that, they issued a replacement that got to my door in a couple of days. I even got an extra charging cradle since they only request the watch to be sent in, no accessories. They even sent me a follow up e-mail and called me about a month afterwards to make sure I didn't have issues with the replacement.
    This is good news, it's encouraging to see Motorola trying to improve on their warranty / customer service. We have about 160 phones at work about 35% of them are Motorola. Out of the ones needing warranty service / replacement its been a hit and miss process. Maybe, I'm guessing, it is depending on which Motorola device is involved.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 09:35 PM
    Well definitely watches and phones are handled by different units, but I would guess that the service call center would be the same for all consumer products, but who knows.
    04-28-2016 11:57 AM