Does anybody know yet if the Turbo 2 goes into doze mode if it's linked to a Bluetooth device? For instance, I have a LG G Watch R and if I have my phone sitting somewhere and not being touched, would it go into doze while it's linked to my watch? Because normally how doze works is if it goes untouched for a set period of time, it should start dozing.

I wish there was a way of knowing (via a chart in the battery settings or whatnot) if/when the phone has entered that mode.
    05-05-2016 06:05 PM
    I don't know the answer to your question, but try using GSam Battery Monitor. It has a series of charts that show your phone's performance over time. One of those charts is "Other", and it will show you when Doze has been active....
    05-09-2016 08:46 AM
    Hmmmm good point. Do you have a DT2 also? I'm asking because I'm wondering if that battery monitor has worked well with your phone. Sometimes these phones don't agree with some of these system monitoring/altering apps.
    05-09-2016 02:35 PM
    I wanna no how to find the other chart so I can check doze on my phone. Where do o go to find it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2016 05:35 PM
    I wanna no how to find the other chart so I can check doze on my phone. Where do o go to find it?

With GSAM? Cause there isn't one on the stock phone software.
    05-09-2016 05:38 PM
    I have been using GSam with my DT2 since I got it last fall and seems to be working fine.........To check Doze (in the GSam charts) open GSam - at the bottom of the page on the left is what looks like a miniature chart -touch this "mini-chart" and it opens to a series of charts listed at the top of the page - swipe on the list of charts to "OTHERS"- touch and open - you should then see GPS, InCall, Wifi, Screen and Doze.....
    Hope this helps.
    T79phoenix and doogald like this.
    05-10-2016 08:29 AM
    Found it now in GSam thanks to your instructions. Looks like my phone hardly ever goes in to doze. No idea why, maybe coz I get loads of notifications from Twitter come through to my phone?

05-12-2016 08:06 AM
    I did a test on mine with GSam and my phone literally has to stay completely still for an hour for it to go into doze mode. And I'm talking like it can't even be nudged. In order for me to get an accurate time on how long it took, I kept track of when I put my phone down, let it set for over an hour, and went back to look at that chart to see when doze kicked in by zooming in on the chart with the plus/minus symbol. The more you zoom in, the more accurate time it shows you when something stopped or started.
    05-12-2016 08:35 AM
    I haven't spent a lot of time checking it, but my phone does not seem to go into doze a lot either. Last night, however, I did not put my phone on the charger and I did get quite a bit of doze time.
    05-12-2016 08:55 AM
    Yeah you figure nowadays with how people are so attached to their phones now and how they are also our lifelines, it's going to be rare for anyone to keep their phone still for over an hour unless they're asleep. If an hour is the default amount of time that your phone has to stay still before it kicks in, not many consumers are going to see the full benefits of it.
    05-12-2016 09:01 AM
    The Greenify app allows for something called aggressive doze mode, which puts your phone into doze mode sooner. The app itself is wonderful!

05-12-2016 02:21 PM
    How much sooner?
    05-12-2016 04:19 PM
    How much sooner?
    On my phone with aggressive doze, it kicks in at around 20 minutes after the screen's been shut off. Much faster than the 1-2 hours it usually takes.
    T79phoenix likes this.
    05-17-2016 02:28 PM
    That doze option in that app is only available with root, right?
    05-17-2016 06:15 PM
    That doze option in that app is only available with root, right?
    The option to doze is available without root. I have the donation version.
    05-17-2016 11:58 PM
    How does the donation version work?
    05-18-2016 12:39 AM
    How does the donation version work?
    The donation version merely unlocks a few features, most of which can't be used without root. The only thing that you'd get from it without root is the ability to Greenify system apps, which could be useful for taming Google Play Services or the Google app if either of those are draining your battery. Whether it's worth it or not for you depends on if you want to do that or not, and if you want to support the dev.
    T79phoenix likes this.
    05-18-2016 09:53 AM