05-12-2016 04:31 PM
29 12
tools
    What is everyone using to make their phone work faster?

I tried phone doctor and battery saver... Not impressed. My Moto X always was quick, T2 lags badly.

I did clear the cache, did a factory reset and tried other recommendations on this forum.

Im onto trying apps now!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2016 04:56 PM
    What apps do you have on the device? Some can be memory hogs...Facebook is one.
    tube517 and xdollface8 like this.
    05-09-2016 05:07 PM
    What apps do you have on the device? Some can be memory hogs...Facebook is one.
    I do have FB, Cloud Magic, Verizon Messages, Android Central, Snapchat, Verizon FiOS and the usual Google.

05-09-2016 05:10 PM
    Try uninstalling FB and see what happens. FB messenger too if you have it. After uninstalling, do a reboot.
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-09-2016 05:18 PM
    Try uninstalling FB and see what happens. FB messenger too if you have it. After uninstalling, do a reboot.
    I uninstalled both and restarted - no change in performance.

05-09-2016 05:27 PM
    I uninstalled both and restarted - no change in performance.

Still using phone doctor and battery booster?
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-09-2016 05:29 PM
    Still using phone doctor and battery booster?
    I deleted them after they didn't work. Hoping to find an app with a solution.

tube517 likes this.
    05-09-2016 05:32 PM
    Not sure what else to suggest at the moment. Need to think about it, and get back to work from lunch.
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-09-2016 05:34 PM
    Not sure what else to suggest at the moment. Need to think about it, and get back to work from lunch.
    Thank-you for trying to help! Much appreciated!

05-09-2016 05:40 PM
    Thank-you for trying to help! Much appreciated!

How about booting into safe mode? That will at least tell you if it's an app that is causing the problem.
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-09-2016 08:04 PM
    How about booting into safe mode? That will at least tell you if it's an app that is causing the problem.
    I didn't even think of this. That was a great idea. I just tried this twice, still alot of lag.

05-09-2016 09:55 PM
    I didn't even think of this. That was a great idea. I just tried this twice, still alot of lag.

Sorry...crashed after work. Now, I'm really stuck. I think you have thrown everything at this and there is still some kind of memory leak. If this is the case, there isn't much that can be done about it.
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-10-2016 11:59 AM
    Specifically what is slow?

Transitions on the home screen?
    Opening apps?
    Texting?
    Dialer/dialing phone numbers?

Any force close errors?
    Still using stock launcher?
    xdollface8 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    05-10-2016 12:04 PM
    Can you see in the battery stats any app or process using an unusual high percentage? Do you use a SD card to store media files or apps?
    05-10-2016 12:10 PM
    If you use an sd card then I wouldwould try to remove it. Also try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem
    xdollface8 likes this.
    05-10-2016 12:37 PM
    Specifically what is slow?

Transitions on the home screen?
    Opening apps?
    Texting?
    Dialer/dialing phone numbers?

Any force close errors?
    Still using stock launcher?
    No force close errors. Yes stock everything.

Transitions to and from home screen and between apps. Opening texts, opening dialer or contacts. The phone screen goes black between things and takes awhile to load items.

It's crazy.

05-10-2016 08:48 PM
    Sorry...crashed after work. Now, I'm really stuck. I think you have thrown everything at this and there is still some kind of memory leak. If this is the case, there isn't much that can be done about it.
    It's ok! Thank-you!

05-10-2016 08:48 PM
    Can you see in the battery stats any app or process using an unusual high percentage? Do you use a SD card to store media files or apps?
    I was using an SD card. I took it out just to try to see if it would improve the issue or make it worse. No real change.

Attached Thumbnails App Recommendation Needed: Slow Phone-18575.jpg  
    05-10-2016 08:50 PM
    If you use an sd card then I wouldwould try to remove it. Also try to do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem
    I've taken the SD card out. Hate do to a reset but will try it, last resort.

05-10-2016 08:51 PM
    Which app puts that home button icon in the notification bar? What other apps are putting icons on the notification bar?
    05-10-2016 11:10 PM
    Is there a task killer app on the phone? Did you uninstall any and all battery saving apps?
    05-10-2016 11:48 PM
    Is there a task killer app on the phone? Did you uninstall any and all battery saving apps?
    Which app puts that home button icon in the notification bar? What other apps are putting icons on the notification bar?
    I think these two issues may be getting to the root of your problem.

For sure delete anything by facebook. You can get most of the same features from the mobile web version without it tying up so many of the phones resources. Also, delete anything that says it helps battery or cleans up background apps. These are terrible on the phones memory and battery. Any time you start closing down apps in the background for the sake of "Freeing up space" you are forcing your phone to do double work to open them back up.

I don't recognize the app that puts the icons in the notification bar, but they are most likely drawing resources.

Also, if you have gone through and disabled a bunch of the apps, you might want to go back and enable any of them that you are not absolutely sure you know what they do. Even if they are on one of the "Safe to Delete" lists, you may be using an app that needs one of these apps to run correctly. Also, many of the Google apps are tied together in the background, so disabling those can cause unintended hang-ups.

You can always do a full factory reset. Don't add or delete anything. See how it works for a few days. If it's hanging up and running slow with nothing added or taken away, I would think it's a hardware issue.
    05-11-2016 06:07 PM
    Home App is the Moto Voice saying I'm home and it will read my texts outloud.

The circle is ACR it records calls, but it is currently disabled.

The dots are for sidebar. Which I just deleted.

05-11-2016 08:44 PM
    I deleted task killer and battery saver apps when they weren't working, just to try and see if there was any difference. There was no real difference.

05-11-2016 08:45 PM
    I think these two issues may be getting to the root of your problem.

For sure delete anything by facebook. You can get most of the same features from the mobile web version without it tying up so many of the phones resources. Also, delete anything that says it helps battery or cleans up background apps. These are terrible on the phones memory and battery. Any time you start closing down apps in the background for the sake of "Freeing up space" you are forcing your phone to do double work to open them back up.

I don't recognize the app that puts the icons in the notification bar, but they are most likely drawing resources.

Also, if you have gone through and disabled a bunch of the apps, you might want to go back and enable any of them that you are not absolutely sure you know what they do. Even if they are on one of the "Safe to Delete" lists, you may be using an app that needs one of these apps to run correctly. Also, many of the Google apps are tied together in the background, so disabling those can cause unintended hang-ups.

You can always do a full factory reset. Don't add or delete anything. See how it works for a few days. If it's hanging up and running slow with nothing added or taken away, I would think it's a hardware issue.
    FB is deleted, apps that save battery or clear space are deleted, sidebar is deleted. I will try the factory reset after work.

05-11-2016 08:47 PM
29 12