Google play music problem.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to listen to a little sample of a song on Google play music but when I pressed the play button on the track it comes up with a white triangle with a red ! In it. I tried clearing the cache & that didn't work. What can I do to get it to play?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this as well on my devices (Nexus 6P, Nexus 7, and others). I think it's a bug with either the Play Store or with Google Play Services. Report it to Google using the Help & Feedback option in the Play Store.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Turbo2. It is a known issue with Google they haven't fixed yet. The only known fixes are to either uninstall updates to the play store app or, if you want a little more adventurous solution, sideboard the Play Store apk from this link:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-6-7-12-e-all-0-2884155-android-apk-download/

I sideloaded the apk and it fixed the problem. Others have uninstalled the last play store update and had that work. If you uninstall the Play Store update, the app will automatically update right back to where you are now unless you disable auto-updates.

Last edited:

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
What is a side board apk? Mum also has the problem on her Sony phone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That was probably an unwanted autocorrect. He meant "sideload," which means manually downloading the apk installer file and installing the app that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez