Well I've been a huge fan of Moto for some time now. I've used the MotoX 2013 original D.T and now the D.T2 as my daily driver since 2013. The main reason I used these phones besides being a fan of Moto was the use of the Moto voice and the convenience of the hands free. Well I have been unable to get my Turbo2 to work properly. Not just missing out on what i'm saying but literally not being able to use it at all. This has left me with the question of if I can't get the benefit of the hands free reply to texts then why not just use another phone. I'm considering the HTC 10 or really another non Samsung phone that has as close to stock android as possible.
    06-01-2016 12:09 PM
    I would probably wait a couple of months to see what Google comes out with in regards to it's new Nexus phones.

If you don't mind a larger phone than DT2 and want to buy now, I would probably to with the Nexus 6P

if you want a smaller or same size phone than the DT2 then I would either wait to see if Google bumps up the specs on their 5X or go with one of the Samsungs.

The DT2 is my first Android phone. Prior to that I had IOS. I am fairly happy with my DT2 and fortunately for me I haven't had any of the issues that some folks are reporting. Nevertheless, the phone is a little too big for my liking, the camera is subpar, and it lacks a fingerprint reader.

Now that I have learned Android, I will probably stick with Android. I do think IOS is a better system, but not worth the premium price to me.

My next phone will be a smaller size and completely unlocked. That doesn't mean I won't stay with Verizon, but I no longer want a carrier to interfere with my updates.
    06-01-2016 03:29 PM
    Now that I have learned Android, I will probably stick with Android. I do think IOS is a better system, but not worth the premium price to me.
    Now that Apple is selling the iPhone SE at $399/$499, with 6s rear facing camera and internal specs (except for the 3D Touch, faster fingerprint reader, and front facing camera), I'm not so sure that there is necessarily a premium to pay anymore - unless you really need 3D touch, or the 4" display is too small.

If I were buying an Android phone right now - I agree with you, it would be either the Nexus 6P or 5X, but I'd really wait to see what Google's new Nexus phones will be. I think it/they are coming out this summer rather than this fall. I never again want to be in a situation where my phone doesn't get an upgrade because the manufacturer or carrier can't or won't do it.
    06-01-2016 05:43 PM
    Now that Apple is selling the iPhone SE at $399/$499, with 6s rear facing camera and internal specs (except for the 3D Touch, faster fingerprint reader, and front facing camera), I'm not so sure that there is necessarily a premium to pay anymore - unless you really need 3D touch, or the 4" display is too small.
    4" screen is too small. And for me the DT2 is a little big. I actually like the size and form factor of the 6/6S -- Not the price for 64GB and I would prefer a bigger battery. If Apple had priced the 64GB the same as the 16GB, I probably never would have left the ecosystem.

And now that I'm gone from IOS, I'm probably gone for good. I am tech proficient, so I can get around the quirkiness of Android.

I really do think IOS is a better out-of-the-box experience for 80% to 90% of users. However, I do think Google has closed the gap considerably -- especially with Nexus.
    06-02-2016 09:09 AM
    I will be waiting for sure to see what comes out this summer. I'm also going to wait regardless to see the price drop of the HTC 10...it's not worth that much money, nor was my T2 but I love the feel of this phone. I went with the leather back and really enjoy it. I'm just really disappointed in the moto functions of this phone. I'm bummed because I truly prefer the Moto brand over most of the other phones. I won't buy a Samsung, I've used them before and just don't like the interface. Camera is not my main objective so I can live with pretty much any smart phone camera. I like simple interfaces, If the new Nexus is avaiable on Verizon then I may go that route. until now i really haven't been that excited by the nexus phones. The 6P is nice but too tall. My D.T2 is as big as I can go.
    06-02-2016 11:12 AM
    Current Nexus phones will work on Verizon. As will most certainly future ones.

I think the BEST feature of the Moto phones are the Moto Actions -- a shame that there are so many other niggling issues with the DT2.
    06-02-2016 03:14 PM