When I close an app, I usually close it further by touching the square key and closing the app by hitting the X on the top right or swiping right or left on the "recently used apps" screen. I do this essentially to save as much battery as I can, but in the end, do the closed out apps (or minimized using the circle button) really drain a lot of battery in the background, or does it really not matter in the end because Android does a good job or closing these apps itself? How much battery am I really saving, and is there any other benefit to being as OCD as I am with using the square to make sure these apps are closed?

Thanks in advance for any help or info!
    06-16-2016 10:24 AM
    When I close an app, I usually close it further by touching the square key and closing the app by hitting the X on the top right or swiping right or left on the "recently used apps" screen. I do this essentially to save as much battery as I can, but in the end, do the closed out apps (or minimized using the circle button) really drain a lot of battery in the background, or does it really not matter in the end because Android does a good job or closing these apps itself? How much battery am I really saving, and is there any other benefit to being as OCD as I am with using the square to make sure these apps are closed?

Thanks in advance for any help or info!
    A Googler has recently released a statement explaining why closing apps manually is generally bad for the device's memory management (and thus battery and fluidity) - but then they've also added a "close all" button to the recent apps interface on the N beta. So... do what you want? lol
    06-16-2016 10:37 AM
    We discussed a similar issue in this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ea-nay-eh.html

I think it's just about personal preferences My take is that closing apps as a habit will use more battery, CPU cycles and even internet data.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-16-2016 11:16 AM
    thanks for the thread link, extremely helpful!
    Javier P likes this.
    06-16-2016 03:12 PM
    Glad it helped! Let us know what you decided to do
    06-16-2016 10:27 PM