The Droid Turbo 2 phone app defaults to the speed dial screen when it is launched. I often tap a box by mistake, fumble-fingering and sending a call inadvertently because the dialer icon is small compared to the speed dial boxes. I actually don't use speed dial at all and would like to remove that feature entirely, or set the dialer or Recent Calls to the default when the phone app opens. I realize that I can swipe or switch to the Recent Calls or Contacts tab, and if I leave the app open it will go back to the last used tab. Not all that bad a work-around I guess.

I know how to remove the individual speed dial entries and rearrange and pin them to the top, but I'd rather just be rid of them. Does anyone know of any way to get rid of the speed dial screen or set the phone app to default to a different screen when it launches?
    06-23-2016 10:49 AM
    You could use a third-party dialer app as your default.
    06-23-2016 03:29 PM
    The wording of your question is perfect! I'm having the same issue and would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
    06-25-2016 09:49 AM
    I so agree. I actually moved mine to the second screen so I am not likely to hit it by accident. A little annoying when trying to make a call but at least I am not explaining to people that I accidentally called them !!
    07-08-2016 10:22 AM
    I just spoke to Motorola and it cannot be removed or moved. You can clear it but it will repopulate as you make frequent calls. While speed dial is pulled up on your screen, at the top right (beside the search bar) are 3 dots, click on clear frequent and that will remove them all at once. This is better than removing one at a time.
    07-28-2016 12:45 PM