I just noticed that my droid turbo 2 has some dead pixels on the screen. This did not occur after a drop, just out of nowhere. They are towards the top of the screen slightly to the right, where other droid turbo 2 handsets had the green line. My device does not have a green line (yet). The pixels are green, cyan, purple, and blue.

I just got these dead pixels today and it is too late for a green line to appear, so hopefully this isn't a precursor to it.

It is 6 months old. I received it on 12/28/15 as a late Christmas present. I keep it an an otterbox commuter case. It has occasionally been dropped, but never abused.

I'm not sure if this is just a fluke, as I cannot find anything on this, or if it is a problem soon to show up. Is anyone else having this problem? Please let me know.
    06-23-2016 02:07 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you don't get a definitive response from Turbo 2 users, I would just contact Motorola for warranty repair sooner rather than later. You could try with Verizon first, to see if they can just replace your phone on the spot (they don't have any obligation to, but they might be nice).
    06-23-2016 06:29 PM
    I could do that, but it is not necessary. The pixels don't bother me that much. If they get worse or don't show any improvement within the year, then I might send it in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-24-2016 08:12 AM
    There are now 2 more dead pixels, one towards the center (green) and one towards the center top (blue). Sometimes when I press them a line appears horizontal to the right of the dead pixel. I also noticed I can press more on that part of the screen. I think a layer may have somewhat separated in the screen leading to this. I will keep this post updated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-08-2016 02:29 PM
    I'm going to jump in this thread for a moment if I may....I have had a spot on my phone. It has gotten larger, but has been there at least 2 months or more. My phone hasn't been dropped or mistreated. This spot is always there, but doesn't show up on a screenshot. I had to take a pic of it with another phone. I did buy motocare (not sure what they call it), so I think I'm covered for 2 years anyway, but I think Motocare has a deductible. I got this phone when it came out, was that Nov 2015? Any thoughts or advice? Is this a clump of dead pixels or something else?
    Attached Thumbnails Dead/Stuck pixels on droid turbo 2-phonespotimage.jpg  
    07-13-2016 01:49 PM
    I'm going to jump in this thread for a moment if I may....I have had a spot on my phone. It has gotten larger, but has been there at least 2 months or more. My phone hasn't been dropped or mistreated. This spot is always there, but doesn't show up on a screenshot. I had to take a pic of it with another phone. I did buy motocare (not sure what they call it), so I think I'm covered for 2 years anyway, but I think Motocare has a deductible. I got this phone when it came out, was that Nov 2015? Any thoughts or advice? Is this a clump of dead pixels or something else?
    Dead/Stuck pixels on droid turbo 2-img_20160718_194416.jpg

The dead pixels are on the top of the screen slightly towards the right. Sorry about potato quality, my nexus 7 2012 was my only other camera.
    07-18-2016 06:57 PM