I couldn't find a answer to my question in the existing threads.

I bought a T2 via ebay, and I am concerned that maybe the protective lens is missing.
    I compared the phone I bought to a demo at a local Verizon store, and while the demo had a flush surface, my phone has a raised ridge (about 1mm high) around the edge of the screen. The screen is inset from the body of the phone. I think the attached picture shows the ridge pretty clearly.

So, is this phone missing a layer, or is this how it looks from Motorola?
    I don't want to go back to the seller to insist on having a new lens provided unless I am absolutely sure it is missing. I also don't want to try to pry off the protective lens sometime later, and instead destroy the fragile second layer of the screen.
    I sent this image to the seller and they have claimed that the protective lens is in place (no surprise). Maybe it is, but then I want to understand why my phone looks so different from the one in the store. I did ask a store employee about it, but he didn't seem to be any more familiar with the phone than I am.

If one installs the flexible glass screen protector from Verizon (the additional one that goes over the protective lens), does that protector sit above the edges of the phone body, or does it make for a more flush surface between the screen and the phone body? In other words, maybe the device in the store had this additional protector on it, and that's why it looked different from my phone.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Is my phone missing the protective lens?-dsc_2953.jpg  
    06-27-2016 10:08 AM
    Some manufacturers have different assembly tolerances, so it wouldn't be weird to have SOME edges different than other units, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. From the picture I can't tell if the glass is there or not, but if it wasn't, you'd probably know it. From other sites it seems some do have a slight raised edge.
    http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conten...0/Droid-17.jpg

Here's the full thing in case you want to take a look.
    Hands-on with Verizon’s Droid Turbo 2 and its plastic “shatterproof” display | Ars Technica
    06-27-2016 03:12 PM
    Thanks! I appreciate the response.
    That image does appear to have the same raised edge that my phone has. I think I am satisfied that the lens is there, as it should be.
    06-27-2016 04:07 PM
    Glad we could help!
    06-27-2016 04:35 PM
    06-28-2016 10:08 AM
    Sometimes the protective lens doesn't get lined up exactly with the speaker port on the bottom and the port on top. So that may be another way to check.
    06-28-2016 11:53 AM
    A way that you can tell is if the selfie flash is covered or uncovered. What I mean is, my 1st layer covered the front flash and ended up getting an ugly air bubble somehow pulling away from the 2nd layer. I tried to deal with it but eventually OCD kicked in and I had to mess with it. Ha! Anyway, eventually I pulled it off and now mine looks like yours. (Sorry, don't want to be a buzz kill but it does.) You will be able to feel the flash and the finger nail will catch the edge of the flash. There's enough gap/lip that a new shatter shield will in fact fill. I'm not bothering to spend the $30 to get a new one because I'm over this phone unfortunately. If you were to order one, don't stick it on until you dry test it to see the difference. You'd have it on standby anyway if yours does have it already and could use it once the original gets scratched up, peels off like mine, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-29-2016 08:14 AM