carrier Verizon
    android version 6.0 System version 24.14.16.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Ever since the last system update (July 3 "software updated to 24.14.16.en.us") my phone has been rebooting itself at random several times a day. Sometimes it happens when no apps are open but most of the time it's when I'm using one app and have all the others closed (I tend to close things via "recent screens" often). There have been several times when the reboot becomes a loop and the phone just reboots repeatedly until I hit the power button for several seconds. Most recently this happened while I was writing this email - the ONLY thing I had open was the settings menu because I was trying to look up which version of the operating system my phone is on.

Note - this problem seemed to start happening about the same time I started getting a "unfortunately, Message+ has stopped" notice every day?

This seems to have led to a 2nd issue. Three days ago I had one of these repeated rebooting incidents which caused my phone to lose all memory of of my bluetooth connections. I'd have been semi okay with that if they'd stayed once I'd recreated them. But I have had to reset every connection EVERY day since. If I set the connection to my car in the morning before work it remains for the rest of the day but the next morning I have to reset it again the next morning.

Right now I'm trying to get to the screen where I can make sure my Podcast App is stored to my SD card before I try clearing the cache and I can't get my phone to remain on long enough to do it - every time I go to either the settings or apps menu it reboots.

Has anyone else noticed similar issues?
    07-21-2016 07:03 AM
    I would definitely clear the cache partition. Mine rebooted several times the day i received the update. Since clearing the cache partition it has not happened again. Hold the power and volume down simultaneously until it shows the menu. Scroll down to recovery mode with volume key and select it with power. When the android guy shows up press and hold power and tap the volume up while power is held. Scroll down to wipe cache partition with volume down and select it with power. Once done reboot.

Clearing the cache partition will not effect any apps, so no need to check anything first.
    07-21-2016 11:06 AM
    Clearing the cache worked to stop the reboots for about 24 hours. It just went into a reboot loop again.

BUT I still had to recreate all bluetooth connections again this morning, so it didn't help with that issue.
    07-22-2016 10:45 AM
    Gave up and went to the Verizon store on Saturday. The replacement (fortunately under Warranty) will be showing up today. Surprisingly the daily reboot loops wasn't what got me the replacement, the guy said the Bluetooth issue is a manufacturer's defect.
    tpence2177 likes this.
    07-25-2016 08:55 AM