Basically what the title says. My phone has been restarting on its own for the past month or two since 6.0. I finally did a full reset, no backup so everything with a new download, and it still restarts on its own. Could it be a problem with the actual phone?
    07-23-2016 12:23 PM
    Basically what the title says. My phone has been restarting on its own for the past month or two since 6.0. I finally did a full reset, no backup so everything with a new download, and it still restarts on its own. Could it be a problem with the actual phone?
    07-23-2016 07:14 PM
    You are not alone, my T2 started doing the same thing over a month ago. Has cycled off/on probably 8-10 times in that time period, this morning being the latest. I'm having flash backs to my Motorola Maxx T1080. It started doing the same thing at about a year old, after multiple calls to tech support they replaced it. Hopefully not starting down that path again.
    07-23-2016 07:25 PM
    You are not alone, my T2 started doing the same thing over a month ago. Has cycled off/on probably 8-10 times in that time period, this morning being the latest. I'm having flash backs to my Motorola Maxx T1080. It started doing the same thing at about a year old, after multiple calls to tech support they replaced it. Hopefully not starting down that path again.
    Well I'm glad to hear it not just me, sorry to hear how often it occurs for you though! I guess I'll have to put in a few calls to tech..
    07-23-2016 08:03 PM
    Mine does it from time to time, usually while texting odd enough and I have tried hangouts and Google messenger so it's not a specific app. Thinking about fdr mine tomorrow evening when I get off call.
    07-24-2016 08:09 PM
    Mine does it from time to time, usually while texting odd enough and I have tried hangouts and Google messenger so it's not a specific app. Thinking about fdr mine tomorrow evening when I get off call.
    I wouldn't if I were you. I did it and it didn't help.

I talked to Motorola and they had me put it in safe mode for a day , and it didnt restart once.. so that leads me to believe it's an app causing it. I don't have any weird apps though that wouldn't get updated and cause those problems... Any ideas?
    tpence2177 likes this.
    07-24-2016 10:54 PM
    I wouldn't if I were you. I did it and it didn't help.

I talked to Motorola and they had me put it in safe mode for a day , and it didnt restart once.. so that leads me to believe it's an app causing it. I don't have any weird apps though that wouldn't get updated and cause those problems... Any ideas?
    Only reason I'm thinking about doing is is my battery life isn't the best either. I thinking I will go stock for a day or two and then slowly add apps until I start having trouble again just to know which app is causing it. If j were you I would try and go through and disable bloatware and start taking apps off until you find the culprit and then slowly add the ones back. You may have more than one app causing trouble.
    07-24-2016 11:05 PM
    I don't have any weird apps though that wouldn't get updated and cause those problems... Any ideas?
    Obviously, you do.

Try uninstalling three of those apps, restart the phone, and see if it spontaneously restarts again. If it doesn't, it was probably one or more of those apps. If it does, try three more (and maybe reinstall those first three apps, but, see below.) Keep it up until you find the rogue(s).

I've come to the point now that if I haven't used an app in a week, I probably don't need it (particularly if it's just a web view and I can see the same info in chrome.)

Also, if you install any apps that didn't come from the Google Play Store, start with them (though at this point you may have to fdr and start over.) Simply do not install any app that you didn't get from the play store.
    07-24-2016 11:05 PM
    No need to be a jerk with your reply, I'm just asking for other ideas. The weirdest app I have is the GreatClips app for checking in for a haircut. I don't install any weird third party apps like that though.

I will take that advise though.
    07-24-2016 11:18 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

It's obviously impossible to advise you of any specific apps when you didn't list any of the third party apps you installed. (Not that this is always obvious.) Uninstalling a group of apps is tedious but I know that many people have solves similar problems using that method.

Don't rule out a weird hardware failure that for some reason didn't happen in safe mode. Still, the fact that it didn't restart in safe mode is generally a good sign of an app problem.

Good luck - I hope you figure it out.
    07-25-2016 07:08 AM
    Just an update. I deleted most of my random game apps, but it still kept restarting. So I kept deleting apps and I believe I found the culprit.

Chase Credit, Discover Bank, and Capital One apps do not play well with my phone. I deleted them, and my phone instantly stopped restarting by itself. It hasn't done it since then. It's weird, since those apps are CONSTANTLY updating for me.

I'm really curious to see if any one else these apps, and there phone still works fine. If you do, post here so I can find out!
    doogald likes this.
    07-30-2016 03:55 PM
    FDR mine today. Battery life seems to be a good bit better. Just have the pebble and Tapatalk app installed right now and will slowly add them back
    doogald likes this.
    07-31-2016 12:15 AM
    Just an update. I deleted most of my random game apps, but it still kept restarting. So I kept deleting apps and I believe I found the culprit.

Chase Credit, Discover Bank, and Capital One apps do not play well with my phone. I deleted them, and my phone instantly stopped restarting by itself. It hasn't done it since then. It's weird, since those apps are CONSTANTLY updating for me.

I'm really curious to see if any one else these apps, and there phone still works fine. If you do, post here so I can find out!
    Good job troubleshooting, and thanks for reporting back. Hopefully that will help somebody else.
    07-31-2016 07:53 AM
    So far battery is way better. I'm at 78% where I would normally be around 50% right now. I'll slowly still keep adding apps back to see if I can find out what was killing my battery and causing restarts about once a week.
    doogald likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:49 PM