09-13-2016 09:52 AM
26 12
tools
    I love the wireless charging on my T2, but it's been a very laggy phone for me for a long time and the faster processor and better camera on the Z Force are tempting. The phone is stupidly expensive though. Is anyone thinking about trading up?
    07-29-2016 01:02 PM
    No audio jack is a deal breaker for me.
    firepsych likes this.
    07-29-2016 01:03 PM
    No audio jack is a deal breaker for me.
    Yea, that's annoying for me, but I figured I can buy a few adaptors to leave connected to my current earphones and eventually people will come out with USB C earphones.
    07-29-2016 01:04 PM
    There are also nice BT headphones.

This phone is way too pricey for what you get, particularly if you need to buy a mod, new headphone adapters or new headphones, etc. And people have had pretty crappy experiences with Lenovo for repairs, warranty work, etc. - some people had to wait months for their phones to be repaired. Also, of course, the lack of timely software updates.

I'd wait to see what this year's Nexus phones will be and hope that they're good enough. I know I'm done with Moto/Droid until they show that these issues are resolved. I doubt that will happen.
    07-29-2016 03:39 PM
    There are also nice BT headphones.

This phone is way too pricey for what you get, particularly if you need to buy a mod, new headphone adapters or new headphones, etc. And people have had pretty crappy experiences with Lenovo for repairs, warranty work, etc. - some people had to wait months for their phones to be repaired. Also, of course, the lack of timely software updates.

I'd wait to see what this year's Nexus phones will be and hope that they're good enough. I know I'm done with Moto/Droid until they show that these issues are resolved. I doubt that will happen.
    The problem with BT headsets for talking on the phone is that I always either forget to charge them or they are sitting in the other room and when I answer the phone the call goes to the headset in the other room. With my cheap wired headsets I have a bunch of them lying around

I would consider some other phones if someone would ever put a big battery in them. That's what keeps me with these Moto maxx battery type phones.
    07-30-2016 03:02 AM
    No audio jack plus it's too large (bigger bezels) are a no sale for me. I have the DT2 and overall I am fairly happy with it but the DT2 is marginally too large for me.

And I am no fan of bluetooth headsets.

Sorry Moto
    07-30-2016 07:08 AM
    No wireless charging, primarily. If there was just a charging mod, with no battery bulk, maybe.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-30-2016 09:03 AM
    No wireless charging, primarily. If there was just a charging mod, with no battery bulk, maybe.

Yes, a flat wireless charging mod is what I'm hoping for as well. I'm surprised they didn't come out with one at launch, and really that they only came out with 3 options.
    07-30-2016 12:25 PM
    Doogald is right, the phone is pricy and Lenovo can't be trusted. But the phone is still tempting to me. The Note 7 is also tempting (especially with the possibility of a tougher screen).

I think I'm going to wait and see what other mods come out. The success of the Z will also be interesting to see.
    07-30-2016 09:41 PM
    It would be easier to stomach if Verizon had that monthly payment plan on it where you pay $30/month for 2 years, but turn it back in after a year if you want to upgrade. Apparently that only goes on the Samsungs and a few others. With the Droid you have to pay the full thing off either way. It would also be easier if you could trade the T2 in for $300 like I did with the T1. But the T2 is only worth $100.
    benjamminh likes this.
    07-30-2016 09:47 PM
    True on both counts^. They really should include the Droid line in annual device upgrade program.
    Snareman likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:06 PM
    I would like to see that as well. A annual upgrade for the droid line. Especially as seeing Verizon pushes it so hard you would think they would.
    Snareman likes this.
    07-31-2016 07:50 PM
    Droids lose their value faster than iPhones and Samsung flagships so a trade in program for them would be quite useful.
    08-01-2016 04:12 PM
    Droids lose their value faster than iPhones and Samsung flagships so a trade in program for them would be quite useful.
    Why is that?
    08-01-2016 07:49 PM
    Supply and demand.
    08-03-2016 05:37 PM
    Supply and demand.
    Plus the Droids are overpriced to start with.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:54 AM
    That's true also, which is why you shouldn't buy them when there isn't a promotion unless you just don't care.
    jmanches42 likes this.
    08-05-2016 04:52 PM
    That's true also, which is why you shouldn't buy them when there isn't a promotion unless you just don't care.
    For real! I got mine for around $100 a month after it launched.

benjamminh likes this.
    08-05-2016 06:59 PM
    The DT2 will be my last droid. While I was getting it replaced for the "green line" issue I went back to my Nexus 6 and now have zero desire to go back. I think I will be checking out the new 2016 Nexus or snag a 6p after the new one comes out.
    adayoff likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:23 PM
    No way would I exchange my DT2 for a Z, DT2 is a far better phone.
    Agree with others that the Z is expensive, and I'm on Verizon, which makes it worse.
    08-28-2016 01:07 PM
    I traded in my T2 for a Z force. I like the Z much better. Wifi calling and the finger print reader are awesome. I get better battery life too. Z seems to have less lag and things seem smoother. I like the feel in the hand better. For both I use an otterbox defender case. Last, i think the screen is better as well. But that could just be because my T2 otterbox was getting beat up.
    08-28-2016 04:17 PM
    It would be easier to stomach if Verizon had that monthly payment plan on it where you pay $30/month for 2 years, but turn it back in after a year if you want to upgrade. Apparently that only goes on the Samsungs and a few others. With the Droid you have to pay the full thing off either way. It would also be easier if you could trade the T2 in for $300 like I did with the T1. But the T2 is only worth $100.
    It is ridiculous that they only offer $100 if you are upgrading. I for one will never purchase a phone that is carrier exclusive nor will I purchase another Verizon phone. After getting my T2's screen repaired under warranty for the "green line" issue it went in my desk drawer for a backup to my Nexus 6.
    08-28-2016 05:00 PM
    It is ridiculous that they only offer $100 if you are upgrading. I for one will never purchase a phone that is carrier exclusive nor will I purchase another Verizon phone. After getting my T2's screen repaired under warranty for the "green line" issue it went in my desk drawer for a backup to my Nexus 6.
    Well I did keep the T2. Worth way more than $100 to me as a backup or if one of the family needs a phone. I am such a p#ssy though. Caved and bought the Moto Z Droid Play.
    09-13-2016 06:56 AM
    As the OP I caved, jumped ship and got a note 7. So far it hasn't exploded on me. I really like the phone. I have had droids for my last bunch of phones and didn't ever think I would leave them but I am very happy with it.
    anon(5002059) likes this.
    09-13-2016 07:46 AM
    As the OP I caved, jumped ship and got a note 7. So far it hasn't exploded on me. I really like the phone. I have had droids for my last bunch of phones and didn't ever think I would leave them but I am very happy with it.
    that's all that matters.
    09-13-2016 08:10 AM
26 12