Bluetooth and WiFi will not function at same time in my office

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just received a replacement Turbo 2, because of the charging issue. Got tired of being unable to plug the phone in to charge, plus had the red line of death starting on screen.

Anyhow, I am at my desk the morning after receiving it, and normally grab work WiFi. I notice that I cannot hold a connection, it drops and will not reconnect. Get right on Verizon chat and she makes me do a hard reset. Had to not automatically reset apps, set up as new phone. Great, lost all my apps AND their log in info, fun. However, I can grab WiFi again and it holds.

As I go thru reinstalling, once I get to Android Wear for my Moto 360 - I lose WiFi again. If Bluetooth is on, it will Not connect to WiFi. Turn off bluetooth, and WiFi connects back up. Here is where it gets weird. I leave my office, take 5 steps into the outer office (15 ft from access point) and WiFi connects with bluetooth. Go back in my office - it drop after 10 seconds. Now the front wall of my office is glass windows, so I dont think its structural, as I normally have full strength signal.

Is it possible there is something else in my office interfering with it? It Never happened on my original Turbo 2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth and 2.4 GHz wi-fi can potentially interfere with each other, since Bluetooth also uses 2.4 GHz. When this happens at home, I usually suggest switching to 5 GHz (if possible), or changing the 2.4 GHz wi-fi channel in the router settings. But this might be hard to do at work. Can you bring this up with your work IT dept? Maybe they can switch wi-fi channels there.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Its a possibility, as I work closely with it.. However the WiFi is supposed to be locked and password protected...oops. Only for Visitors.
But I will look for an opening to get the channels switched.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the signal strength, Khalid. If you're receiving a weak 2.4GHz wifi signal and the other one is receiving a strong 2.4GHz wifi signal (or a 5GHz wifi signal), they'll both work at the same time but yours won't.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR