24.31.22 Update

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
After installing this update for Wifi calling, I've noticed an extreme reduction in lag with everyday use. I noticed that bug fixes were thrown into the list of updates along with Wifi calling, so maybe, but not necessarily, something was fixed regarding lag.

Just wanted to hear what other people are thinking regarding lag reduction after updating, and if you haven't updated yet, I'd give it a try.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't really noticed anything different. The contacts app shows phone numbers. Perhaps it was like that before the update. Fortunately, the update doesn't appear to have made anything worse.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Also noticed the dialer doesn't have the green keypad dot in the bottom right corner anymore it has its own menu button now. Everything seems to be fine with mine. Battery life seems more predictable so far. Did notice when I pull into my driveway and my call switches to wifi it disconnects from my Bluetooth in my car. that's a minor inconvenience though.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received the update yet. I check for updates, and am told that the phone is up to date. I downloaded the Verizon Updater and ranit, and it told me my system software was up to date also. I still have the July 1 update on my phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received the update yet. I check for updates, and am told that the phone is up to date. I downloaded the Verizon Updater and ranit, and it told me my system software was up to date also. I still have the July 1 update on my phone.

Updates roll out so some people have to wait longer than others. This is done in part to prevent a massive issue like Apple users suffered, when the iOS 10 update caused phones in the first hour to soft brick (you needed to connect to a computer and iTunes to fix the problem), and in part to reduce the amount of data trying to be served to every phone trying to download the update at once (again, an issue seen during iOS updates.)

So, be patient, check once a day; in my experience, updates tend to roll out completely within a week, though sometimes it's longer.

mepaulk

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The download for the 24.31.22 Update started as I was receiving a call. Tried to postpone the download, but must have clicked the button "I don't want it." Now, search for update says already up to date, on version 24.14.16.en.US, on 6/29/16. Also "Last System Update: Software not updated to 24.31.22.en.US. Download canceled - October 05/ 2016." What do I do to get this update?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The download for the 24.31.22 Update started as I was receiving a call. Tried to postpone the download, but must have clicked the button "I don't want it." Now, search for update says already up to date, on version 24.14.16.en.US, on 6/29/16. Also "Last System Update: Software not updated to 24.31.22.en.US. Download canceled - October 05/ 2016." What do I do to get this update?
Wait a couple of days and most likely you'll get the update notification again. I wouldn't worry for now.

droidtg

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely a good update for me. My battery life reads 8 days on a 94% (stable) battery icon. Edit: With Wi-Fi on now, it went down to four days. It'll probably stabilize itself even more afterwards.

Just got to delete the Verizon auto-bloatware apps and disable DTgnite again. Then, all should be well like before.

Yeah, my phone definitely feels cool. Um... I'm good with seeing the words "bugs fixed". I noticed the camera is a little different with the moon symbol. Something definitely feels smoother with this update.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, my phone definitely feels cool. Um... I'm good with seeing the words "bugs fixed". I noticed the camera is a little different with the moon symbol. Something definitely feels smoother with this update.

It's a shame that it took Moto/Lenovo a WHOLE YEAR to get the software correct. I can't believe it's the same phone after this update. The camera is now clearly the lackluster feature of this phone. I would never consider purchasing a Z though -- other than perhaps the Z Play. For one, I don't want a phone any larger than the Turbo 2 and wouldn't mind one a little bit smaller...

mepaulk

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So I waited. Checked System Update a few times. Then it showed up as available about 1:00 PM, Oct. 11, 2016. Accepted the install. Went smoothly. Took about 20-30 minutes. It had to update about 96 applications. Before doing anything else, I looked for, and found DT Ignight. So forced stop, cleared cache, and data, and finally disabled DT Ignight. I did not find any other added bloatware apps. (Am on Verizon.) So, overall, seems to have gone well. Not sure about functional improvements yet, but no obvious negative impacts.

ChuckLIII

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
It's a good update. My phone doesn't get as warm while I am using it anymore.
Mine doesn't get warm when I use it, and never did, but since the update it is very warm when I take it off the wireless charger in the morning. It didn't get that warm before the update.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't get warm when I use it, and never did, but since the update it is very warm when I take it off the wireless charger in the morning. It didn't get that warm before the update.

You may want to power it off and then back on. Mine has done the very same thing a few times and that seems to take care of it. Worth a shot.

dalaraen

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Any suggestions on how to get this to work? It's now the 21st and it hasn't popped up again. I did the same thing and accidentally hit cancel during a phone call. I check every day and it won't update. I plug into the computer and it won't update.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions on how to get this to work? It's now the 21st and it hasn't popped up again. I did the same thing and accidentally hit cancel during a phone call. I check every day and it won't update. I plug into the computer and it won't update.

I would just wait. Last time I was in that situation, it took maybe three weeks to get the notification again. I've got the update and don't really see a difference.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I have yet to get the notification for the update. I really hope it comes up soon, I'd love to get the phone i was promised when I bought it.

smertz092

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I just got the update yesterday. Installed it right away after I had already read through this post. Since the update, my phone screen freezes on the lock screen at least once per hour and I have to constantly turn it off and on just to get it to work. There is literally no change in anything else with my phone, just that the update has royally messed it up and I really wish I could revert the software pack.

Last edited: