I have cell connection in my house but it is sometimes spotty. Can I force the wifi calling even if there is a cellular connection?
    10-12-2016 07:08 PM
    Only if you turn on Airplane Mode and then activate WiFi. If you are roaming internationally, you can set WiFi as a preferred network, but in the US your phone will try to use cellular if it can.

FAQ is here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=dDt857bt

How do I make Wi-Fi calls?

Once you set up Wi-Fi Calling, you’ll make Wi-Fi calls like you’d make traditional voice calls. In order to provide you with the most reliable experience, calls will use the cellular network when available. If you’re using an Android device, then you can change the preferred network when traveling internationally. For Android devices, you’ll see a Wi-Fi Calling icon similar to this: when your call is over a Wi-Fi network. If you have iPhone, you’ll see "VZW Wi-Fi" in your status bar.
    10-12-2016 07:19 PM
    I'll try that. I guess I thought airplane mode turns off all network, bluetooth, and wifi. - in other words all radio type connections
    10-12-2016 10:11 PM
    I'll try that. I guess I thought airplane mode turns off all network, bluetooth, and wifi. - in other words all radio type connections
    It does, but then you can toggle WiFi and Bluetooth on while Airplane mode remains on for cellular. (Rationale: airlines want cellular radios off for sure, they used to want all radios off - but they definitely allow WiFi and BT connectivity during the flight.)

So, turn on Airplane mode, then turn WiFi and BT on after airplane mode is done.
    perkdog65 likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:16 AM
    I ended up turning wi-fi calling off. Every time I tried to make a cellular phone call I got a pop-up explaining that wi-fi calling wouldn't work (I know!), and I got very tired of it very quickly.
    10-13-2016 08:28 AM