Battery charging issue after 24.31.22 update

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a battery recalibration? Tonight, before going to bed, press and hold the Power button until the phone begins to reboot. Then release the button. When the phone has completely booted up, charge it with the turbo charger that came with the phone. Leave the phone on the charger all night. Hopefully this will solve your charging issues.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried turning the phone off then back on & when everything was loaded etc I put it on charge & it still said 47 minutes until full but GSam said 1 hour 34 mins. Starting to get worried as I don't no how to fix this.

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I tried turning the phone off then back on & when everything was loaded etc I put it on charge & it still said 47 minutes until full but GSam said 1 hour 34 mins. Starting to get worried as I don't no how to fix this.
After you rebooted it and plugged it in, did you leave it plugged in until it was full? That's when the calibration happens.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
After you rebooted it and plugged it in, did you leave it plugged in until it was full? That's when the calibration happens.

Yeah I left my phone plugged in till it was 100%. When I use a portable charger my phone will tell me the correct time until full, but sometimes the portable chargers don't get my phone to 100% if I use it & the charger is about half full. It's just the official turbo charger where my phone has trouble calculating how much time until full.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've just had something happen that made me think it could be the turbo charger going. My phone reached 100% over night & when I woke up my phone said it was charged so I unlocked my screen quickly looked at my notifications then pressed the back button then locked the screen. Then I thought let's just check*my*phoneis still 100% & it wasn't it was on 99% & said 1 min until full after a couple of seconds it said 100% full. Could this be the charger going?

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I've just had something happen that made me think it could be the turbo charger going. My phone reached 100% over night & when I woke up my phone said it was charged so I unlocked my screen quickly looked at my notifications then pressed the back button then locked the screen. Then I thought let's just check*my*phoneis still 100% & it wasn't it was on 99% & said 1 min until full after a couple of seconds it said 100% full. Could this be the charger going?
I've had that happen to me before as well. And it's not because your charger is going bad. These chargers maintain a full battery by bringing the charge all the way up, and then stop charging altogether until it sees a drop in power. Usually just enough to where the 100% number will never go away. That changes sometimes based on what you do with the phone that will discharge it quicker than the charger has a chance to recognize that it needs to start throwing current back at the phone. Odds are it didn't stay at 99% very long, correct?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had that happen to me before as well. And it's not because your charger is going bad. These chargers maintain a full battery by bringing the charge all the way up, and then stop charging altogether until it sees a drop in power. Usually just enough to where the 100% number will never go away. That changes sometimes based on what you do with the phone that will discharge it quicker than the charger has a chance to recognize that it needs to start throwing current back at the phone. Odds are it didn't stay at 99% very long, correct?

Yeah it didn't stay at 99% very long but I've tried to do it again & can't seem to recreate it. Phone still isn't saying the correct time to full & GSam started saying 7 hours, 8 hours & one time 10 hours until full but now it's saying the correct time of 1 hour 20 mins or 1 hour 30 mins etc but the phone isn't saying the correct time. I really don't wanna factory reset the phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it didn't stay at 99% very long but I've tried to do it again & can't seem to recreate it. Phone still isn't saying the correct time to full & GSam started saying 7 hours, 8 hours & one time 10 hours until full but now it's saying the correct time of 1 hour 20 mins or 1 hour 30 mins etc but the phone isn't saying the correct time. I really don't wanna factory reset the phone.
If the phone is charging properly, then don't factory reset it, and just don't way attention to the estimated times. They are estimates. Particularly for the third party app, GSAM, which is fine for what it does, but it definitely was to designed specifically to estimate how long it will take to charge the Moto X Force in particular.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If the phone is charging properly, then don't factory reset it, and just don't way attention to the estimated times. They are estimates. Particularly for the third party app, GSAM, which is fine for what it does, but it definitely was to designed specifically to estimate how long it will take to charge the Moto X Force in particular.

Yeah the phone is charging perfectly fine & like normal. I mostly use GSam to see how hot my battery is getting. Someone said to recalibrate my battery by running it down till the phone turns itself off then charging it up to 100% then switching it on. Don't really wanna run the battery down to 0% as I heard that's bad for the battery.

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's an update everyone. Soon after I started this thread, my phone's charging port totally died on me. It was probably a few days after the start of this. Anyway. I got a replacement Turbo 2 (seems to be in nearly brand new condition) and since this one came with the software version right before the latest one, I figured I'd test out the charging with this and compare it to whenever the latest update shows up on my phone. Hopefully it would be able to recreate the initial problem I had with my prior phone.

So, charging on the slower charger worked fine with the older software version so it was just a matter of time for me to wait for the current update. Update came today and I am pleased to say that all forms of charging, whether it be slow or rapid, is working perfectly!

My conclusion is that my charging port on my old phone was barely damaged enough to where it didn't show any ill effects on rapid charging, but was damaged enough that the slow charging was greatly diminished. And the coincidence of the software update and my charging acting up made me think it was a software issue. Glad it worked itself out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12