Android OS draining my battery??

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Very odd. I'm getting huge drain on my battery throughout the day. I'm only at 2.5 hours of on screen time. I do have a fitbit hooked up as well. I work in the city so I have very good reception so im pretty sure that isn't killing my battery. Any ideas?

Screenshot_20161021-165551.pngScreenshot_20161021-165611.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Look at all of that awake time with the screen off. Are you listening to music with the screen off during those times, or on a phone call?

Have you considered going a day without the FitBit, just to see if that changes the battery usage?

I wouldn't worry too much about "Android OS" - unfortunately, that can be just about anything, but I suspect that you have something that is holding the phone awake in the background. If it isn't music playing or the FitBit, you'll just have to find what that is.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope it's usually in my pocket since I deliver food at a hospital. In 8 hours, I have about 2 hours of on screen time.

I will try that. If it was an app that was constantly awake, wouldn't that show up in my usage?

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Incase anyone was curious, it turns out it was the Moto Voice commands I had to disable. It was constantly on and listening so it was draining my battery. Hope this helps someone else!

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Incase anyone was curious, it turns out it was the Moto Voice commands I had to disable. It was constantly on and listening so it was draining my battery. Hope this helps someone else!

I am not sure about that, I keep my Moto Voice on and I also have a FiBit that I wear everyday and my battery stats usually have the android OS down in the 1 percent range and my battery will be at about 50 percent after a day at work when I put it on the charger at about 11:00pm. I would do a restart and wipe the cache partition and see if that helps anything.

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure about that, I keep my Moto Voice on and I also have a FiBit that I wear everyday and my battery stats usually have the android OS down in the 1 percent range and my battery will be at about 50 percent after a day at work when I put it on the charger at about 11:00pm. I would do a restart and wipe the cache partition and see if that helps anything.
I mean I did the cache partition wipe, checked it after a day of normal use, same results. I turned my moto voice off, and I get some pretty solid battery life! About an hour extra of on screen use. It could be different for people, but for me specifically, moto voice commands was the problem.