Screen delaminate

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
The top left corner of the screen started with a small bubble that's expanding more and more.
I have insurance on the phone so
both Verizon and the company they use for insurance replacement treat it as physical damage allthough this issue just happened on its own, so I would consider it a manufacturer defect.
The difference is $150 in deductible they want to replace my phone.
Does anyone have had this issue?
Thank you in advance for your input.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It might just be the shatter shield coming up. That is a user replaceable item but it looks like it's out of stock on Motorola's website.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought that the display had a four year warranty for any defect, as part of the ShatterShield protection?

The ShatterShield lens coming up definitely sounds like a possibility. Try calling Motorola customer support to see if you can get a replacement, since the website is no longer selling it. Here is a diagram of the ShatterShield system; the lens is the outermost part, that you touch with your fingers.

motorola-shattershield-01-570.jpg

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
The top left corner of the screen started with a small bubble that's expanding more and more.
I have insurance on the phone so
both Verizon and the company they use for insurance replacement treat it as physical damage allthough this issue just happened on its own, so I would consider it a manufacturer defect.
The difference is $150 in deductible they want to replace my phone.
Does anyone have had this issue?
Thank you in advance for your input.

My phone did that exact same thing. Top left corner of the "outer layer" (top layer; scared to try to go back to the picture and then come back to typing this message) started to bubble on its own near the selfie flash. I dealt with it for a while before getting upset and ripping it off. I wanted to buy a replacement for the fix and unfortunately, got lazy. Now that 2nd layer is all kinds of scratched up. Whoopsy! But I'm not paying for the repairs or even another layer replacement for being frustrated with the phone from various things.

Anyway, yes, mine did it on its own same area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2