Moto display issues.

May 28, 2016
Visit site
For about a month, I have been having issues with Moto display. The first issue is that when I swipe the icon to unlock the phone, it resets back to the center and fades away. The 2nd issue is that after a restart, Moto display is extremely dark and when I swipe the unlock icon, it it resets back to the center and then immediately turns off. After a random amount of time, it goes to the correct brightness again.

This occurred after the 6.0.1 update.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling updates, disabling and enabling the application, restarting my phone, and messing with the settings in the Moto app. Nothing.

This is my 3rd Moto phone to have moto display and the only one showing issues. I had a droid turbo for a year, no issues. Then I had a droid turbo 2 for about 9 months, no issues. I sent that device in because of a broken charging port. When I first got my refurbished, I had no issues. A few days after I installed the 6.0.1 update, I am having these issues. This really pisses me off as I can't fix it and I have to turn my screen on to open notifications.

Is anyone else having any issues with Moto display? Please respond.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you already tried booting into safe mode? Same issues? Also, you could wipe the cache partition from recovery and see if it makes any difference.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For about a month, I have been having issues with Moto display. The first issue is that when I swipe the icon to unlock the phone, it resets back to the center and fades away

Same here and had it for some time. My workaround is I just hit the Power Key and unlock with a swipe up.