Corrupted Micro SD card... Please Help

kognak51

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I recently purchased a new Droid Turbo 2 phone this year to replace my galaxy 5 . I used a 128 gb sd memory card with my galaxy for mostly music. When I tried to switch over I had to reformat the sd card to work with my Turbo. I was able complete the process of copying data to laptop -> reformatting sd card (it gives you the option to format as portable vs internal storage, i chose storage which i am guessing now was my first mistake) -> copying back to sd card with no problem. Today, I absent-mindedly tried to switch my sd card to my less cumbersome mp3 player so I could listen to my music while I ran( something I did regularly with my galaxy). Obviously, it didn't work (due to the conversion process) so I figured I would put it back in the droid and just copy maybe an hour or two worth of music to one of my smaller sd cards. When I tried to reinsert the 128 gb card in the turbo it said the card was corrupted. I have tried fix it using my laptop but it just gives me the option to reformat and doesn't recognize any data being present at all. I tried using chkdisk but as I stated before it doesn't recognize it as being a usable drive. I numerous pictures, videos, and literally a library of music on this card if anyone knows anything that could help please let me know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but you may be out of luck. You're right -- formatting the card as internal storage was a problem, because that encrypts the card. After the card got corrupted, it's doubtful that you can recover the data, even with one of those data recovery programs, because of the encryption.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I would try the usual flailing. Shut the phone down and start back up without the card, then shut down and start back up with the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084