Power / data port almost dead

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have a DT2. Her phone will no longer charge through the USB port. My phone will only charge if I position the cable just right. Her phone is only about 6 months old, while mine is a little over a year. We haven't treated these phones any different than any others we've had in the past, and we have never had this problem before.

Are the USB ports on this phone unusually fragile? Is there anything that can be done to fix this short of getting a new phone?

Last edited:

leolson

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Same with my wife and I. With hers we have resorted to only charging wirelessly. Mine still Turbo charges sometimes plugged in, but it has become very finicky about which power cables I use so I use a wireless charger most of the time as well.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The sad part is that I bought this phone specifically for the durability (shatter proof screen). We got the Designed by You option with the 64Gb phones, and so we are both going to take advantage of the Design Refresh. My replacement phone is already here. Unfortunately, Motorola saw fit NOT to include a return shipping label, so I'm going to have to start yet another months-long fight to get them to generate a simple shipping label. This will likely be my last Motorola phone. Absolutely horrible customer service coupled with fragile products makes customers go to your competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC